On my old phone where it worked I have ios v. 13.3.1 and on the new phone, the ios version is 13.4.1.
I have not changed the firmware, so I do not think that that is where the problem lies.
Apr 26, 2020
I have also been experiencing this same problem as follows:
- connected to iPhone only and listening to iPhone - fine
- connected to iPhone and iPad but listening to iPhone - fine
- connected to iPhone and iPad but listening to iPad - constant disconnect and reconnect to iPhone, effectively blocking audio from iPad (for me, I'm largely using Zoom on iPad).
Both iPhone and iPad are on latest iOS and iPadOS.
Bose, please get this fixed ASAP.
I wonder if it is related to my problem, which is that the QC35s disconnect from my Mac the instant the Mac requests microphone activation.
May 1, 2020
I’m also having same issue on iPhone XS Max and HP Elitebook x360 but only since last month and I have the headphones since end of 2018. It has to be a firmware problem. Are we allowed to downgrade? If so please explain how.
Yes, you can downgrade via the PC or Mac-based Bose Updater app. However, downgrading to the previous version of the firmware didn't fix the problem for me (my issue is with the QC35s disconnecting as soon as the Mac requests microphone access.)
May 1, 2020
Same issue here.
- iPhone X only OK
- DELL Laptop with Windows 1-0 only OK
- Having both connected at the same time will trigger and disconnect a reconnect cycle only from the iPhone. I had to disable Bluetooth on the iPhone to not be bothered while having web conferences in the computer.
Headphones are less than a week old...
May 1, 2020
Same problems as everyone else.
iphone 11 pro max
Lenovo Carbon X1
Please care and fix the mess, or at least let us know that it won't/can't be fixed so we can move on.
I am wondering if it could be related to bluetooth version on iPhone X? Bluetooth version according to Google is 5.0, A2DP, LE
Anyway it would be nice with a update from Bose, that they at least are working on the problem.
May 4, 2020
I'm having the same problem with the QC 35 (original).
- Connected to iPhone Xs only -> no problem
- Connected to Windows 10 laptop (Dell Latitude E7270) only -> no problem
- Connected to both, and using Microsoft Teams meeting on the laptop -> iPhone bluetooth connection lost and reconnects every 30 seconds - 1 min.
The disconnection voice prompt interrupts the audio from the Teams meeting, and because it happens so frequently it is impossible to participate in the meeting. The only option at the moment is to disable bluetooth on the phone during the Teams meeting, which is not a satisfactory solution.
I have tried resetting the paired devices list on the headphones and pair again -> problem still exists
I have tried resetting the paired devices, changing the iPhone device name, pair again -> problem still exists.
Model: Bose QuietComfort C35 (manufactured March 2017)
QC35 firmware version: 3.0.3
Standby Timer in Bose Connect app is set to "Never".
Model: iPhone Xs
iPhone software version: 13.4.1 (problem also existed on 13.4)
Apr 22, 2020
Does anyone from Bose actually read these topics? Judging by the lack of responses, I would suggest not.
On the remote chance that a Bose employee reads this... it would be great to do one of the following:
a) acknowledge the problem and fix it / inform us that it will be fixed in the future
b) if it is not possible to fix it via firmware, then at least bring out a software update to Bose Connect, so that we have the option do turn off the prompts everytime the headset disconnects/reconnects and stop the annoying Beep/Voice Prompt completely
c) if that does not work then please change the name of the app to Bose Occasionally Connects, so at least we know what we are getting!
I extremely disappointed with Bose and the lack of response to this issue, which obviously is an issue otherwise so many people would not be complaining about it.