luckviana
Participant
Registered since

Jul 29, 2020

Re: QC35 II constantly disconnecting and connecting to iPhone X

I wonder how long will take bose to acknowledge how bad they messed up with this firmware. I can actually confirm that it still occurs when using the cable but for only half of a second.

I currently got mine paired with:
iPhone 11 pro max
Windows 10 pro
iPad Pro 12.9
sdmitch
Participant
Registered since

Aug 7, 2020

Not sure if anyone at Bose reads these forums, but here goes!

I'm having exactly the same problem as everyone else on this forum but with a couple of variations (and these may be the key). I have original QC35's (not Mark II) and have previously used them  successfully connected to a Dell Latitude 5400 running windows 10 and connected to an old Iphone 6 as well as an Ipad Mini - absolutely no problems and no disconnections either on calls or when in conference on Microsoft teams. 

I recently upgraded my phone to an Iphone SE 2020 and then the problems began. - the constant disconnects and reconnects whenever I am on Teams calls. This tells me that the problem is my phone and the IOS version it is running. The old Iphone 6 (with no problems) was running on the latest IOS available for that device (IOS 12.4.7). The new Iphone SE 2020 is running IOS 13.6 

I reckon that all of the problems that everyone is experiencing relate to the IOS version that for whatever reason the Bose software is not compatible with or capable of handling in a multi device setting . Can anyone disprove this theory?

Come on Bose - sort it out - this problem has been going on for far too long.

hastir265
Participant
Registered since

Aug 11, 2020

Hello All,

I too have been experiencing same issue of my Bose QC35 II keeps getting disconnected from my IPhone X running on IOS 13.6. Is there a fix Bose has found out or we gotta live with it? 

This has been rather unpleasant experience with such costly item. 

dpp0881
Participant
Registered since

Aug 13, 2020

I have exactly the same problem, i have an iPhone XS MAX and i have my QC35 only connected to my iphone, I already try restar the QC35 turning off, waiting 30 seconds, connect 5 seconds etc.. and nothing works, im listening to music or in a meeting and it each 10 minutes disconnects, please how can i fix this? i would like restart the headphones but completely that delete all configuration, the name, everything but i dont find how

len.angka@gmail.com
Participant
Registered since

Aug 14, 2020

I too am having this problem. 

All drivers are updated, no issues when only paired to my iPhone XR. 

Issues occur when I'm connected to my Lenovo (Windows 10) and iPhone XR at the same time. 

I didn't think it was a big deal, but after 3 months of working from home and having it occur every day + seeing how long others have struggled with this issue definitely makes me much less likely to buy anything Bose again. 

Hopefully this gets resolved because being able to connect to multiple devices was the deciding factor between the Sony noise cancelling headphones...

bmgxyz123
Participant
Registered since

Sep 27, 2020

Had my previous post removed by a Bose Community Manager.  So we know they are monitoring the thread but seems they won't respond to the issue.  Can we get a Bose rep to respond to this problem without the typical list of failed solutions suggestions that have been shown to not work throughout this thread?

Umair B Z
Participant
Registered since

Oct 2, 2020

Seems like this a legitimate problem and Bose needs to issue some patch to fix this if this is a firmware problem. 

I am having exactly the same problem and it started happening recently (Sept 2020). 

My Bose QC35II is connecting to an IPhone 8Plus running iOS 13.6 while the QC35II is running Firmware Version 4.5.2. 

It is extremely annoying as I just use my headphones for music and it stops randomly to disconnect and reconnect. I have tried everything including the reboot etc. and does not seem to be working. Will take them to the Bose QCII support team to take a look. It will be shame if I have switch headphones to another brand due to some stupid software glitch. 

GateGuardian
Participant
Registered since

Sep 22, 2020

At least you can take it to support. I bought mine in August 2018 and it's out of warranty, so can't even open a ticket. All I got was an offer to buy another QC35 II.

bmgxyz123
Participant
Registered since

Sep 27, 2020

Do you get the disconnect problem when your headphones are connected to only one device?

johan.vanniekerk
Participant
Registered since

Oct 28, 2020

I have had the exact same issue for the past 2 years. Whenever 2 of my devices are connected one keeps on connecting and disconnecting.

iPhone7

Macbook Pro

Ipad Pro

To make matters worse I just upgraded the firmware in the hope it will improve and now the frequency of the connect disconnect is at least double if not triple. 

The firmware SUCKS!! FIX IT ALREADY!

Please just give me the ability to connect to a single device and cycle through the list of paired devices by sliding the button. I never want audio from more than one source. EVER. This is headphones, not cheap phone earbuds. I have no desire to hear ever beep on my phone while I'm watching a movie or whatever.