PokeBattler
Participant
Registered since

Oct 28, 2020

Re: QC35 II constantly disconnecting and connecting to iPhone X

I have the same issue with my QC 35 I. I started experiencing it for the last few months as I never connected the headset to my computer (Thinkpad Win 10) and iPhone (Before 8 and now 11) before I started working from home.

I have reset the headphone. No, it did not fix the problem. Yes, the firmware is updated. Yes, I have forgotten both the computer and iPhone and I still face the same problem.

I called the support helpline in Australia today and funny enough that they "had no information" on this topic and told me that this is not a known issue! Hilarious!

Great product but extremely poor software support if this issue could not be fixed in the last few years! 

Eku1s
Participant
Registered since

Oct 29, 2020

I’m glad and not glad at the same time for finding this forum thread. Glad to know I’m not the only one, not glad to see nothing’s been done about it. 

I’m also experiencing this issue and having read this entire thread it seems the usual fixes of a factory reset etc do not resolve the issue. 

I have the following devices:

- Dell XPS 9560

- iPhone XS

- MacBook Pro 2019

- iPhone 6S

I seem to have the issue most frequently when I’m on calls using the Windows laptop and another Apple device connected in the background. Constant disconnects and reconnects from these ‘background devices’ forcing me to rush to disconnect these to avoid embarrassment while speaking with customers. 

One thing I have noticed from this thread is that nobody has mentioned issues when combined with Android phones. I also have a friend who uses an android phone and says he’s not experienced this issue. Is this just a coincidence or is this Apple related?

Either way, it’s ridiculous this isn’t even being considered a known issue. 

I guess I’ll raise a support case in the hope that this bumps the numbers up on the users who are experiencing this issue, but I can almost spell out the outcome of that. Usual factory reset troubleshooting followed by an RMA.. rinse and repeat. 

If they can’t acknowledge this issue I’ll be begrudgingly switching to the Sony equivalent and demanding a refund on these ‘premium’ headphones. Irritating as I prefer the design of these and also got them with a significant discount on Amazon Prime day. 

lincris10
Participant
Registered since

Nov 5, 2020

Same problem.

I had an iPhone 7 Plus, and I was happy with my headphones. Everything was fine.

I recently updated to the iPhone 12, and the headphones disconnect constantly. OR the phone says they are connected but there’s no sound. Turning on and off the headphones doesn’t fix it. I need to go to the app and connect and disconnect and it takes a while. And to do this every 5 mins is frustrating. 

Headphones work very well with my laptop but the constant “iPhone 12 disconnected” and “iPhone connected” during work meetings is disruptive, so I need to turn off the Bluetooth off on my phone. 

I want my headphones to stay connected 😕

Umash
Participant
Registered since

Nov 15, 2020

I am facing the same issue as what is mentioned in this thread.

i have iPhone 6s and iPhone 11. Both updated to latest available upgrade. Also the QC35ii shows updated to latest available sw.

this issue is only seen when the second device connected is iPhone and when I use headset on other device. 
Tried everything I could find in this thread- reset QC by powering off , removing the saved pairs from QC as well as all my devices. Reconnecting and pairing fresh. Nothing seems to work. 
The issue is only when connected to iPhone . I have an iPad, when connected to it, I don’t see this issue happening.

Its very sad that many people are facing this issue with a premium headset like Bose. Please come with a fix for this at the earliest.

Cr0sby
Participant
Registered since

Dec 3, 2020

Just replying to add my further evidence of this issue:

iPhone X with IOS 14 but same problem with 13

Windows 10 , Dell laptop or MSI home built computer five same problem.

iPhone disconnects and reconnects periodically so I had to turn off voice prompts to avoid it announcing this in the middle of my Skype calls.

Months of working at home mean this is driving me mad also!

Silla
Advocate
Registered since

Mar 30, 2016

Same behavior I’m using iPhone XR and Lenovo yoga. Unbearable during Skype calls. 
pls provide a fix, I’m all day in Skype meetings and is so frustrating!

json666
Participant
Registered since

Dec 7, 2020

I'm facing the same issue.

QC35

connected to laptop (Dell Precision 5540 or MacBook Air 13)

and to iPhone XS

QC keeps connecting and disconnecting from iPhone. All firmware and software updated to the latest versions. Performed adding and removing devices.

Bose please fix this problem which is definitely a software issue. You made superior hardware but without fixing such critical problem headphones are useless because they are not reliable.

mdxn99
Participant
Registered since

Dec 9, 2020

Hi there,

Felt I needed to add my voice to this issue as well in the hope that it gets reviewed. 

I only notice this issue when my headphones are connected to both my Dell XPS 13 running Windows 10 and iPhone 12 Pro. 

Headphones stay connected to the laptop, but keep disconnecting and connecting to the iPhone. This didn't happen when I had my Huawei Mate 20 Pro - so it seems to be only related to iOS devices.

I now disconnect my phone from the headphones when working. It is more noticeable when running video conferencing on my laptop - mainly Zoom, but also Teams. 

Mike

jclark
Participant
Registered since

Dec 15, 2020

I'm also having the same issue, and I hope it gets fixed soon.

For work, I listen to an Iphone SE music/podcasts without issue, but now when switching to my ipad Zoom, the iphone SE constantly keeps disconnecting and reconnecting with my QC35 II.

I do not have this issue when using Apple Airpods. I did not have this issue before with an Iphone 5 (Before November).

Shikhar
Participant
Registered since

Jul 20, 2020

I am having the exact same issue. 

I am using a Lenovo Thinkpad laptop and Iphone 12. 

Up till last week I was using a Samsung Galaxy S8 along with the same laptop and had no issues. Hence, I can conclude that this issue is related to iOS. 

I won't reiterate the disappointment and frustration its causing to all of us. But, hopefully Bose will acknowledge this issue and fix it as soon as possible.