albamoral
Participant
Registered since

May 1, 2020

Re: QC35 II constantly disconnecting and connecting to iPhone X

Actually I have a better experience when downgrading my QC35 ii to 4.3.6 version, but this does not solve the problem that I cannot have a conference call in teams from my laptop HP x360 without disconnecting. I have purchased a cable and the microphone comes with it and it's not using the integrated microphone so I need to hold the mic in my hand to be properly heard.

I was not having this issue during the first 1.5 years. Has bluetooth code changed in the other devices in the meantime? (Like computer, iphone, etc?) isn't this a standard? I really do not understand how this is possible and it's driving me nuts as I don't want to spend more money on this.

Pasi
Participant
Registered since

Jun 18, 2020

I'm also having exactly the same problem. Disconnecting and reconnecting all the time on Iphone. Extremely annoying bug.

Iphone11Pro, Windows 11

prakash9986
Participant
Registered since

Jul 6, 2020

Hi there,

I am having the exact issues stated by others. Mine is iPhone X and Windows 10.

- the strange thing is when its playing something (audio/video content is playing) it works fine without any issues, but as soon as there is a pause, it disconnects. (very frustrating)

- updated already to 4.5.2

- tried all the solutions mentions in this thread, the problem reoccurs after few minutes or hours.

- it sometimes does not even show power when the power button moved to the ON position. Sometimes it takes 2 to 3 minutes or 5 minutes to get back on power despise having a full battery. 

- I purchased it in May 2019 ... now seems warranty period is over, but paying a hefty amount for such expensive headphones, to work only for 1 year... not fair at all looking the reputation Bose has in the Market.

Please provide us some solution. What other option can you give us to fix this issue?
Thanks in advance for a satisfactory solution.

alyraptor
Participant
Registered since

Jul 7, 2020

I'm having the same issue with the following hardware and software:

- Bose QC35 II (version 4.5.2)

- iPhone 7 (iOS version 13.5.1)

- Bose Connect app (version 12.0.1)

Issue: The headphones disconnect and reconnect often, but only for my iPhone. Having read other comments in this thread, I realize that I've only ever noticed it happening during conference calls (Zoom, Slack, Webex, Hangouts and Discord). I will pay attention and if I notice it happening in other circumstances, I'll update this comment.

AndresMunoz
Participant
Registered since

Jul 15, 2020

I join the complain, same issue.

Iphone Xplus

Windows 10 Pro

After reading all people complains about iphone disconnecting/connecting annoying notifications, I am not going to waste my time troubleshooting. It is clear it is a device issue that bose hasn't solved yet. They stopped replying to these posts long time ago.  I hope a new firmware fixes the issue.

avaishnav13
Participant
Registered since

Jul 15, 2020

Same issue here:

iPhone 11 Pro

Dell Latitude 7490 (Windows 10)

Extremely annoying disconnect / reconnect issue with iPhone when using Google Meet for work.

Not expecting a solution given all the others with the same problem but wanted to add to the pile in the hope that Bose takes notice.

mccurtain
Participant
Registered since

Jul 21, 2020

Re: Bluetooth connection in pocket

Just wanted to add to the seemingly growing list of people having this incredibly annoying problem. I only got my QC35's a week ago and otherwise love them, but unless Bose corrects this issue I'm afraid I'll have to send them back. 

philcop46
Participant
Registered since

Jul 21, 2020

These headphones stink and  so does the customer service. I called twice yesterday and was on hold both times for over 45 minutes , only to be disconnected. I am back at it again, on hold listening to this recording giving me updates about my call will be answered by which it was received. Fat chance of that. 

Back to the headphones, when listening to itunes music the headphones keep cutting out and replaying the same song.

I have the Quiet Comfort 35 2 model. I will never buy another Bose product again.

eroseland
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 17, 2020

Yep, same issue here. I've been on this other topic that also has a lot of responses:

https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/QC-35-keep-disconnecting/td-p/205745

Seems like the only answer from Bose personnel is to try disconnecting and reconnecting or trying to point at the device. This happens to me on iPhone 11, Samsung s10, Dell Windows 10 laptop, HP Windows 10 laptop, and Lenovo Linux laptop. Behavior is the same regardless of the device.

I did discover yesterday that it doesn't seem to happen when using the cord, so it seems to be something with the Bluetooth.

Too bad Bose isn't acknowledging or taking responsibility for a flawed product. Hopefully it's just a bug that can be patched...

eroseland
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 17, 2020

I should note that for me, I get the disconnects all the time, regardless of how many devices or what devices I am connecting too. Seems to be random intervals, but without fail every few minutes it disconnects and reconnects. I have reset all connections, forgotten the headphones from my devices, uninstalled/reinstalled the software - all to no effect. This started for me a few weeks ago.

I see there hasn't been a response from Bose on this for quite some time. Has anyone actually got through on the support line? Do they say anything different or give the same spiel about resetting connections, powering down, forgetting on the device, blah, blah?