Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 11, 2019

QC35 II crackling/static in the left ear headphone

Hello Bose Support,

I received as gift the Bose QuietComfort 35 (Series II) Wireless Headphones, Noise Cancelling, with
Alexa voice control – Silver, Sold by: Amazon.com Services, Inc

I found this listed somewhere on this forum:

https://community.bose.com/t5/Headphones-Archive/QC35-I-Crackling-Popping-Clicking-noises-in-left-ea...

"Some more information:

1. It's making the crackling/clicking noise when I'm connected via Bluetooth and Noise cancellation is on. (Crackling sound doesn't occur when Noise cancellation is off)

2. Even a slight touch with my hand on the outer shell of the left ear will make the crackling sound.

3. Nothing to do with wind... the noise is occurring when I'm in-door 

4. The noise occurs both when connected to Desktops or Mobile devices"

I have exactly the same problem.

Questions:

1. I currently stay in Bucharest, Romania and the headphones were purchased from USA. Do the headphones have warranty if they are purchased from Amazon.com, USA ?

2. Is the document (see link below) enough proof that they were purchased from Amazon.com?

3. How can I solve this issue ?

Regards,
Andrei

[Moderator edit]
13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: QC35 II crackling/static in the left ear headphone

Hello Andrei,

Welcome to the Community forums. I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your QuietComfort 35 II headphones.

Have you attempted any troubleshooting prior to reaching out to the Community forums? I'd be happy to suggest some for you to attempt to try and resolve the issues you're currently experiencing. Firstly, perform a product reset on the headphones. This can be done by: 

1. Turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds
2. Plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds
3. Unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute
4. Turn on the headset

Following this, check for and apply any available firmware updates for the headphones. This can be done either via the Bose Connect app or via a computer using the USB to Micro-USB charging cable, via our firmware update website HERE.

Should the issue persist, your headphones may have developed a physical defect. As the Community forums is not a platform to schedule nor accommodate any services or repairs, please reach out to your local support to explore available service options for you. Support within Romania can be found HERE.

Kindest,

Andy B - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 27, 2019

I am experiencing the same issue.
I have tried the troubleshooting but the problem seems to be getting worse.
Is there anything else I can try?
Highlighted

Hello,

Welcome to the community, I am very sorry to hear that you are also experiencing this issue with your QC35II headphones.

If the previous troubleshooting within this thread has not proven to solve this issue, we would encourage you to get in contact with your regions Bose product support team who will be more than happy to assist you with this issue further.  Please follow this link, select your region and scroll down to "Contact Us". There you will find the appropriate contact information.

Many thanks,

Tegan M

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 15, 2019

Bose QC 35 II crackling noise from left ear when Noise Cancellation is on

Bose QC 35 II crackling noise from left ear when Noise Cancellation is on.  It is not happening always. it starts anytime and disappears after few minutes. But it is very wired noise. My warranty is about to expire in a month. I visited service centre. But they could not  find any issues. The cracking noise was also not coming at that time. I spent 2 hours in service centre hoping that I could make them listen the weird noise. but unfortunately it did not happen. Tonight after reaching home it started giving the noise again for few min 😞 . now it is normal. any time it can happen again.

What should I do?  After spending a lot on this head set disappointed to have these issues. Please help me..

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Re: Bose QC 35 II crackling noise from left ear when Noise Cancellation is on

Hello Brijith,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community! 

I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your QC35 II headphones, this is not what we want at all. There is some troubleshooting that you can go through suggested by @Andy_B, if you have tried the troubleshooting and the product is still acting this way then you need to call the customer care team. As the product will most likely need to be exchanged and while you have already been to the center we will still be able to assist you further over the phone, you will need to call in before your warranty ends. 

I hope this helps, should you need any further assistance please get in touch.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 8, 2020

I have this noise too since yesterday -

It started after I did a SW upgrade.

Bose whats up? Why does the SW update harm the quality of your product?

Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 27, 2019

i received an email from bose to send my headphones off for diagnostic but due to my headphones being out of warranty i was worried the cost would be put back on me so i did not send.

I find the problem only occurs when i'm moving such as working, on a bus or a plane so pretty much anytime you'd want noise cancelling.

After researching this topic on other sites it seems to happen often.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 8, 2020

Yes I agree

This yields the headphones useless.

Occurred for me directly after a SW update.

No representative answering.

Makes you think.

Highlighted

Hello @urish and @Dickwallaby

Thanks for reaching out and posting in the Bose Community Forums. 

I am sorry that you are experiencing issues with a crackle in your QC35 II headphones. I would highly suggest trying the steps mentioned by @Andy_B in the second post in this thread. Many users have had great success with these steps in the past. 

As he has suggested, if you have tried these steps, and you are still having issues; your local support team will be able to assist you further. To speak with your local team, please click this link here, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us. If you are in the US or UK you can also reach out via Facebook or Twitter and one of our team can help you there. 

All of our products come with a limited warranty, which your local team will be able to discuss with you.

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W