Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 21, 2020

Re: QC35 II crackling/static in the left ear headphone

It seems my headphones have developed this fault too.

I believe they may be out of the limited manufacturer warranty, however, under UK consumer law they should be covered for at least 5 years for a defect like this, which seems to be one that is inherent in the product itself as it's so common, isn't that so?

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 29, 2020

I’ve used my new headphones for the second time today and they have a crackling / static in the left ear as well when the noise cancelling is turned on, whether high or low. There is no static/cracking when noise cancelling is off. I’m just sitting in a chair in the house isolated with the kids shouting in the background so no outside interference or odd movements. 
I’ve also updated to the latest firmware and there is no change, suggesting it’s a hardware issue.
Most disappointed as this is the second Bose headphones I’ve had with quality problems, after the original qc35 was failing to hold charge and needed replacement just outside their 2 year warranty. 
Please advise. Thanks.

Highlighted

Hi MarkDarby, 

Thanks for reaching out. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing some static whilst using noise cancellation from your QuietComfort 35 II headphones.

You may be facing some feedback from the active noise cancellation technology. 

Is there any damage to the ear cushions at all?

Does this occur across all devices you connect to your headphones?

Have you ensured the ear cushions are securely attached?

Do let us know!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 29, 2020

Hi Tegan 

Thanks for the reply.  The headphones are brand new, used only once Since receiving them direct from Bose at the end of February. As such everything is all in place but it's just a quality problem inside the headphone left ear and a high pitched squeal when the headphones are held near the source device e.g. Ipad.

I've gone via the Bose service dept and they are now going back under warranty .........hopefully we will have better luck with the next replacement!

Thanks Mark