Highlighted
lep1802
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 28, 2018

Re: QC35 II default noise cancelling

Hi,

I'd really really like there to be a default to have noise cancelling always off too. It's dangerous to have it on when walking on busy roads and also at work I can't hear anyone when they try to talk to me. 

It's such a shame as they'd otherwise be a great pair of headphones!

Please let me know if there's anyway this can be rectified?

The other issue i'm having is that the app won't work (just keeps crashing) so I can't turn off the noise cancelling using that either.

Thanks!

Hello, 

As for now, we do not have an update, but we hear you and appreciate the feedback!

Thank you,

Mohsin

PBOSE
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 4, 2018

Anything on the software update yet? It's really annoying having to turn of ANC all the time.

Agris
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 7, 2018

Hey, 

I googled this thread because I was also looking for a way to set ANC by default off. I'd love to turn it on only when I need.

LEI
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 9, 2018

Hello,
I found this thread thinking it was about the first model, I guess those bothered here by the ANC setting default are using the extra button for the assistant, thus also have to open the app everytime.
This is no alternative to a firmware update for the original QC35... Is this feature impossible to implement ?
TSP
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 21, 2018

I also googled this because I thought it must be something I overlooked. 

I've gotten extremely annoyed about the fact I have to open the app every time I turn my headphones on because they don't remember my noise cancellation setting (low) between sessions. 

Tech*geek
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 21, 2018

Hi Bose team,
Wondering if there is an ETA on an update to fix this issue, where the QC35ii default to high ANC every time they are turned on.
Like everyone else, I'll exho my sentiments that this is an annoying issue, and sometimes dangerous for use with these headphones.

Great headphones otherwise,
Thanks!
theryanrobinson
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 26, 2018

I literally created an account here so that I could like this question and upvote getting a solution for this soon.

I love these headphones, but the noise cancelling gives me a headache so I NEVER use it. Still, I have to manually turn it off every time I power up the headphones, which would be easy if it were a single button/switch... but takes ~10sec every time since I have to wait for powering on, connecting to my phone/comp, then have to cycle through the options to turn it off.

This would be a major UX win to give users the option to decide what their default level of noise cancellation level should be.

LEI
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 9, 2018

This is the only default I found to this product, apart from the microphone not wirable.

Some ideas as a quick fix that still requires a smartphone:
- Create a simple widget to quickly switch ANC level
- Save and auto-set the device-specific settings on connect, in the background if realisable.
SaveNoiseCancelingLevelPlease
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 28, 2018

Seriously, this is a truly embarassing missing feature for such a well established brand. They clearly have their priorities set anywhere except improving upon what they've already made. It's now been many months and yet their software team couldn't add one of the only missing features to their headphones? This'll definately be my last Bose product if this isn't added, such negligence to the needs/wants of their customers isn't acceptable.