slava_smith
Participant
Registered since

Sep 2, 2018

Re: QC35 II default noise cancelling

+1 for this feature, I've just bought the headphones and googled this topic because default high level of noise cancellation is annoying.  

rnimbin
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 9, 2018

Hi all,

Just letting everyone know that I returned my headphones and got a full refund based soley on this issue. If you feel strongly about it and want to send a message to Bose I encourage you to do the same. The Sony replacements I purchased are great, no regrets.

Cheers

sean_smyth
Participant
Registered since

May 9, 2018

Well done!

I got mine free with a phone I purchased so can't do that. I've actually gotten used to it now...

camthelegend
Participant
Registered since

Sep 24, 2018

I feel sick after 20 mins of listening with noise cancellation turned on, so like others, I have to cycle through the options and turn it off each time I use it. There was also a recent bug causing bluetooth to reconnect every 1-2 mins and each time I had to cycle through and turn the ANC off to avoid headaches and sick feeling.  This seems to be fixed in the latest firmware update (touch wood).  Questionable whether I should continue using an expensive pair of headphones where I can't use the ANC.  I didn't have this problem with my 10 yr old Audio-Technica headphones.  This seems like a very simple fix to implement as there is already logic in place to turn it on, so just need additional controls to default to off.  They're probably too busy breaking existing features to add this.

mhgghas@gmail.com
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 4, 2018

After a lot of frigging around , its very obvious the apparent "sidetone" s feeding into the mic circuit, there is no noise cancelling on the mic , and the sidetone is being broadcast to people you aretalking too, what a piece of crap, and i cant return them cause theyre out of date.

Did a whole lot of testing wit a friend on the other end , he could hear me lightly tapping on a keyboard key as i could being broadcast into my earhole.

cant use them for calls,,full stop, they need to give us the option to disable this BS.

Whats even funnier(not really) is turn on the ANC , go stand in the wind, haha, its like a hurricane, turn ANC off, no wind noises...

Am i missing something here???? what a joke

pansybal
Participant
Registered since

Oct 4, 2018

I agree this is annoying not to have such a basic feature in such expensive headphones. I am not sure why it is taking them so long to fix this. This topic is goign on since last year. Really disappointed with it. User customized settings should definitely be there.

djcritter
Participant
Registered since

Oct 16, 2018

Agreed! Leads to battery draining. Bose: I'm sure this isn't too technically difficult, please do it!

Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi all,

Thank you to everyone for contributing to this thread. I assure you that this suggestion has been passed along to our development team and when we have any further information we will post it here in the community.

Tony G 

snowman
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 1, 2017

@Tony_G your fellow @Shiloh_C said the same thing about passing the feedback to the development team in September 2017 (https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/QC35-II-default-noise-cancelling/td-p/73729). Has there been no update in more than a year??

shadowdmn13
Participant
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Agreed. I know me and a few others with QC35s haven't participated in this forum but we've had it bookmarked for almost a year now, waiting for an update. I've been reading through every firmware and app update waiting for any notes on the subject. At this point you obviously need more of us to speak up.
A year ago, there were very few companies had the option to set the default for noise canceling, and it was fair to call it a feature request. A year later and now it's more of a standard feaeture for noise canceling headphones, and somehow Bose still hasn't addressed it. Not that I'm surprised anymore, we still have major bugs (like the phone call mic issues) that are a year old now.
If this isn't addressed soon, this will be my last Bose product. Not because the feature is important; it's because the needs of your users clearly aren't.