LEI
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 9, 2018

Re: QC35 II default noise cancelling

While there might be a hardware limitation to persist the ANC level, they could store it inside the app and restore the setting automatically on connect.

At least they will still be able to collect geolocation data, I wonder why do we need GPS enabled to turn off a headset feature.

snowman
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 1, 2017

@Kapone wrote:
Now I'm not a mech engineer nor am I a software designer, but it occurs to me that it's entirely possible there's no onboard storage for personal preferences in the headphones themselves - the Bluetooth chip is where your preferred devices live, and it also receives volume info from the device you're using so it doesn't even need to store that!

There are other configuration options that the headphones clearly have no problem remembering, such as: the language preference of voice prompts or whether the action button triggers an assistant or NC. Therefore, what you wrote is unlikely to be true.

Even if it was though, why would no one from Bose show up in this thread during the past year and a half to tell us about the limitation?

Greg_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Jun 6, 2018

Hello all,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We agree that a persistent ANC setting would be a great feature in many use cases. That being said, the design specification clearly did not include it at launch. There are many engineering considerations when deciding to implement changes like this one - hardware, software, power management, etc. The list goes on. Also, those are just some of the things having to do with the physical product. There are also larger business-level decisions to be made as well when these types of changes are considered. So with all of that being said, we read all your requests. As custodians of the forum we provide your feedback to the development departments involved to inform their decision making processes. While I would like to tell you that we can absolutely guarantee that all your requests will be implemented, I cannot. We can, and do, advocate for your voice as a stakeholder within the organization. When there is more information to pass back to you regarding feature requests we will absolutely share it with you here.

The guarantee that I can offer you is that your voice is, and will continue to be, heard. Thank you for your patience and understanding. Keep the great suggestions coming!

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

francoandrade
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 3, 2018

Please, this feature is very basic to provide a solution. We really need to have the ability to have our settings saved by default. I use the QC35 II everyday to commute to work by bike, and it really annoys me to have to set the noise cancellation off everytime single time. It's not something extremelly fast to do, as we need to hit two times the button and listen the "Noise cancellation low" and "Off".

francoandrade
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 3, 2018

Couldn't you have support for Apple Shortcuts, so everytime I connect the headphones in bluetooth, it automatically sets the noise cancellation off. 

Please Bose, help us! This issue has been reported a year ago and looks like nobody has done something to fix it.

pigna
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 8, 2018

I really hope you're working on this feature! It's super important for us and a lot of people are complaining about that. We must be able to choose the default NC level. Please, keep us posted.

Cheers!

Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi Pigna,

To reiterate what @Greg_B was mentioning, we do hear each and everyone that posts product ideas/concerns here on the forum. The concept of persistent ANC has been presented to our engineers and is currently being looked at for the future. When we have more information regarding this topic, we will make sure and update the community!

Keep posting and suggesting, that's what makes the community great!

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

rnimbin
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 9, 2018

Just a repeat of my earlier post on this issue. I was able to successfully argue for a full refund based on this and a couple of other issues. Since then I have upgraded to the new flagship Sonys and have never looked back, they are a significantly better product than the Bose.

I would encourage you to try and do the same if you can, for me it was a bit of a hassle but ultimately a worthwhile move.

pigna
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 8, 2018

Thanks for your advice @rnimbin. I've tried several models before my new pair of QC35II and this is the only model the fits perfectly on my head and around my ears. Unfortunately, the app (and software in general) provides just a few customizations and it's really annoying since these headphones cost around 300€!

Hope Bose will reach the level that Sony Headphones app provides, otherwise I'll end up to the same solution as yours, even if I love how the QC35II design.

francoandrade
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 3, 2018

The thing is that this issue was reported on 09-25-2017, and we are soon going to 2019.

It's hard to believe that this issue will ever be taken care of. I love the product but the lack of commitment to hear and solve customer's problems really bothers me.

As I suggested in another discussion, if it is a big move to provide this update, you could provide small hacks like for example support to Apple Shortcuts, so that the NC could be turned off automatically every time the headphones is connected to bluetooth.