Re: QC35 II default noise cancelling

Hello mike77n! Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community.

Thanks for your feedback. To make switching the ANC level more convenient you have the option to set your Action button to toggle the setting. I hope this helps! 

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

cristian9509
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 12, 2018

Sony headphones have the same issue (or feature for some). They always start by default with anc turned on.
Roy42
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 27, 2019

I wouldn't buy this again without the option of setting a default noise reduction. It ruins the handlesslessness because every time I use them it's on max and I can't stand max noise reduction. I need minimum for safety. Bad and unsafe (max noise reduction when I walk in city I cant hear cars)... It's a really bad design not to have default.
monday0rsunday
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 1, 2019

Hello Bose, I've just bought Bose QC 35 II and it's great product. However as many people have said, the default high NC on power on is really really harmful . This behavior, as far as I know, is result of great support from Bose for Bose QC 35 but today it should be changed. Using Action button on QC 35 II or using Bose Connect app is very easy. It's two years since the first feedback so I expect to hear great news from Bose. Thanks

Aidensky
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 14, 2019

The noise cancelling isn’t even effective for me anymore. High or Low, is still hear everything around me. My QC35 ii offer nothing more than passive isolation these days. I wonder if everybody complaining here that it’s ‘too high’ at power on has instigated Bose to reduce the efficiency?

My tube commute is as noisy as with standard headphones now.

Highlighted

Hello Aidensky,

Thank you for posting.

I'm sorry to hear you're having that issue with the noise cancelling on your headphones, that definitely is not intentional. As you are having trouble with the noise cancelling, we do have a couple of steps you can try to get that back to the levels you are used to.

The first one I would recommend is to try a reset of your headphones to see if that resolves this for you.

To reboot your headset:

1. Turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds
  2. Plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds
  3. Unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute
  4. Turn on the headset

I would also recommend installing any available updates after the reset by visiting btu.bose.com or using the Bose Connect app.

If the noise cancelling is still not working correctly after trying those steps, please contact your local technical support team and they will be able to assist you further. You can find their contact information from this link by selecting your region, then 'Contact Us'

I hope this helps.

Keith - Community Support - 

dtall
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 15, 2019

I created an account just for this. It’s a huge pain because I have my headphones on when coding and for long periods of time I forget and get home with the worst headache. I really don’t understand how your default is ANC on especially for hours at a time. My head feels like it’s about to blow right now smh Bose

Hi Dtall, 

Thanks for posting. This has been passed onto the development team a few times regarding being able to set your own default for ANC. 

I have no update on this currently, you can adjust the level of ANC inside the app before use. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

RVDB
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 17, 2018

I have an update! I've just tried the Sony MX 1000 M3 and it's amazing. I'm selling my QC35, anyone interested?

newb1e
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 2, 2019

Dear support,
This is an issue I'm waiting to be resolved as well.
Please let me know about any advancements.
Even though, this topic is 2 years old and there seems to be no news regarding the development of this feature.