barrycraig
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 25, 2017

QC35 II default noise cancelling

Good afternoon,

I have recently bought a pair of QC35 IIs. I prefer to use them without noise cancelling the vast majority of the time. When I go into the settings for these headphones in the Bose app I can switch off the noise cancelling but when I power off the headphones and them power them back on the noise cancelling is automatically turned on again. Is this the intended functionality? If is it possible for me to make a suggestion that you add a checkbox or something which makes this setting the 'default' when powering on the headphones?

Thank you 

130 REPLIES 130
Webarcher
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 9, 2017

Re: QC35 II default noise cancelling

I World also like a default level which I can choose. Now after power up it is always on. My default setting is low noice because of the wind while on my bike. Very annoying that I must always put it on low every time I USD my headlhone. Please fix this Bose!

Hey @barrycraig & @Webarcher,

@barrycraig to answer your question, yes, this is the intended functionality.

Thank you both for the great suggestion, I will pass this along to our team for you.  We always appreciate ideas from our customers and really like to see what everyone wants to better improve their experiences. 

How are you enjoying your QC35s?  We'd love to hear some feedback!

Thanks,

Shiloh_C

dorsy99
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 4, 2017

I'd love this functionality too! 

I'm really enjoying my QC35 II's but this is definitely something I've looked for.

Highlighted
micmal
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 3, 2017

Yes I am enjoying my QC35 II. Just wondering about the noise cancellation when a call comes in. Hearing your own voice on a call sounds very tinny. Is this normal?

Frenzy McFly
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 1, 2017

Very good idea! I’d love this too!!
GCALBE
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 12, 2017

I love and hate them. Sound is perfect. I feel headaches with noise cancelling on high all the time. Hate to change it manually every time. PLEASE FIX THIS SOON.
pavelkam
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 16, 2017

Same here.

Beautiful headphones.

Last huge disadvantage is that I can't choose default value for NC option.

Have to change it every time I turn on my QC35. 

Apart of that - I love this device, helps me a lot!

Mark L
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 28, 2017

Hello,

I too would prefer the default noise cancellation to be in the "off" setting. This permits users to switch the noise cancellation on at their leisure. 

The current default setting seems to suggest that the Q35s should ALWAYS have the noise cancellation on, and on the High setting. This is obviously not the case for the vast majority of Bose users. Please update the software so that noise cancellation is an "opt-in" process, rather than the current "opt-out".

snowman
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 1, 2017

Same here. I would also prefer for my Bose QC II to allow me to redefine the default NC level. Even better though, the headphones could simply remeber the NC setting when they are turned off and then reinitialize with the same NC setting next time they are powered on.