slava_smith
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 2, 2018

Re: QC35 II default noise cancelling

It seems nobody cares about this feature at Bose. I'm waiting for it for a year and it's already stopped me from purchasing other Bose products...

Hi All, 

Thanks for posting. This has been passed onto the development team a few times as you all know. 

I don't currently have any update regarding being able to set your own default for ANC. 

You can adjust the level of ANC inside the app before use. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

mike77n
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 22, 2019

thanks for the advice, it works if someone use headphones once a week or even less frequently, probably most of Bose users use their products infrequently, so Bose designers do not have to care about small number of frequent users. Therefore I'm planning switching to Sony and not planning to buy any Bose products in future

joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Guys and Gals - once the moderators here 'pass on' the issues and suggestions to the "Bose Engineers" they are out of the loop.  They will NOT get any feedback on what goes into the next firmware version until it is released and even then as we can see here, not all the changes are documented when the version comes out.  For example, on the most recent release in early March, Bose makes no mention of any ANC changes and even claims that ANC was not impacted though customers here have begged to differ.

So the bottom line for me/the takeaway is that it really makes no difference if a issue or problem is recent or has been discussed here for over a year.  Its the same thing.  The moderators pass things up but there is absolutely no feedback loop.  We WILL be kept in the dark and have to wait for a firmware release and do our own testing to determine what was changed.  That is and will continue to be the Bose approach - I personally don't see that changing any time soon.

tolmark12
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 8, 2019

+1 For this feature, Bose are you listening?

Earl Magnus
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 16, 2019

You can add me to the list of customers who want this. I was very annoyed to discover that the setting I made in the app was not sticky.

qeed
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 22, 2019

Me too! I would like to set to "no ACN" by default
Jstraz
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 24, 2019

I just bought a pair of QC35 but high ANC gives me a headache so I will be returning them and switching to Sony if Bose doesn't update the firmware with default user choice.
RVDB
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 17, 2018

🙌
Wakebord99
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 25, 2019

Where are we with this fix. The headphones cause headaches and hear pain at the default high level. Research complaints and it is the largest problem that could be easily solved.