Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 8, 2019

Re: QC35 II default noise cancelling

I think we just need to accept that this is never happening. Let this just be a warning that you should never expect any updates and/or quality of life changes to Bose products.

Once it's out the door, they just don't care. 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 6, 2020

When is this default option going to be implemented. Just bought my first pair of QC35 ii headphones and very disappointed in the functionality.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 10, 2020

Three years later nothing has been done! How disappointing!  

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 16, 2019

They have your money. They don't give a shiate 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 14, 2018

Hector, Seriously??? This has been ongoing for three years. Log this as a bug, not a feature request. ANC should not revert to HIGH when the headset is switched on/off. It should retain the setting set by the user (failing to store my settings is a bug).
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 8, 2020

Just checking in for 2020... It seems clear that this request has received no traction and will never be implemented but I am just writing in to express my disappointment. Hopefully this is addressed at some point, although it does seems like wishful thinking at this point. 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 12, 2020

It's very sad that Bose doesn't pay much attention to its customers

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 16, 2020

I don't understand why 3 years later this still isn't a feature, not everyone wants noise cancellation in automatically and being required to switch it off manually from the app, it is the reason I don't use the button for assistant instead.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 22, 2019

I suspect the reason is that QC35 and probably many other Bose products are not designed for everyday use for some reason. It's OK to switch ANC via annoying app ones a week, maybe it's even better to reset user settings made week ago. Bose designers are not expecting someone would use their products multiple times each day in different environments. Personally, I'm not planning to consider any Bose product in future. Thankfully we have very good alternatives now, I replaced my QC35 with Jabra Elite 85, Sony makes good headphones as well.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 18, 2018

I found a workaround for my specific use case; I taped some fluff over the microphones: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kbikq62hiqfxq6z/fix.jpg?dl=0

This fixes some of the noise the microphones make then in a windy environment.

Still no way to put them on medium noise-cancelling automatically though 😞