May 18, 2018

Re: QC35 II default noise cancelling

I couldn't agree more.
RVDB
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 17, 2018

Since we're now a year later and this option is still not available. Maybe a default thing would be remember the last setting it was on before turning it off?

GeekBear
Participant
Registered since

Nov 14, 2018

I totally agree. I use it mostly without noise canceling or on low settings. This default behavior doesn't make sense at all, I can't imagine any use case when this is better than having the last used settings or noise canceling off when you turn it on.

lukert
Participant
Registered since

Nov 26, 2018

Is this feature in development? I just got a pair of QC headphones and need to change the setting nearly every time I turn them on. I will return them if this is not something that Bose intends to fix.

I agree that simply allowing the last setting to be sticky would be sufficient.

Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi lukert,

Thanks for the post. We do appreciate the input and understand the frustration. I can confirm that our engineering dept is aware of users requests for persistent noise cancelation. If and when we have more news on this subject we will post it here in the community!

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

RVDB
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 17, 2018

It has been known by the engineering department for over a year now, if there is a engineering department. The biggest app update this year is updating the privacy policy. Great job!

heyey
Participant
Registered since

Nov 28, 2018

"Control Active Noise Cancellation from Your Headphones

When the QC35s first came out, there was no way to adjust the ANC options when you were in wireless mode. They eventually came out with a firmware update so you could turn ANC off but you had to manually do it through the Bose Connect app. Now with the QC35 IIs, you can control the ANC levels with a press of the Action Button and cycle between high, low and off."

heyey
Participant
Registered since

Nov 28, 2018

It was pissing me off too, but did some googling (see thread above) and at least the Action Button can cycle through them easily!

giorgio999
Participant
Registered since

Nov 28, 2018

I would also plead for the possibility to set a default ANC level. Remembering the last setting would be fine too.

Kapone
Participant
Registered since

Nov 30, 2018

Thanks for getting back to us on this - I gotta day I'm pretty aghast at this thread and the amount of privileged hate that Bose is receiving over it. Being able to remember the noise cancellation level would be a great feature, I'd use it for sure! However, the amount of whining associated with this is outlandish. Oh boo hoo you bought a product marketed almost entirely on its noise cancellation and you're upset because it comes in an auto-on orientation? Get serious, take the 4 seconds it takes to switch it in the app and get over yourselves. Talk about first world problems.

Now I'm not a mech engineer nor am I a software designer, but it occurs to me that it's entirely possible there's no onboard storage for personal preferences in the headphones themselves - the Bluetooth chip is where your preferred devices live, and it also receives volume info from the device you're using so it doesn't even need to store that! To save your NC preferences it'd have to be stored device-side (if I'm right about the storage issue), and a BT connection cant pull data from any device until the connection goes both ways so you'd have to do the same amount of work minus one step anyway. I vote you get off Bose's back about this, stop whining, and act like adults. Request the feature you want, say thank you, and wait.