Re: QC35 II default noise cancelling

Hello francoandrade,

You are correct, it has been a while since this request was made. We do hear you and definitely empathize with your frustrations. When you share your feedback here in the Community, we collect all such requests and share them regularly with the relevant development teams. I wish I could tell you we are able to immediately implement every change, however as you have no doubt noticed, that is not the case. There are quite a few other considerations that must be accounted for prior to any change to a product. Even seemingly small ones such as this. If we are able to accommodate this change then we will share it here in the Community. 

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

cristian9509
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 12, 2018

Greg,
I've been looking at other noise cancelling headphones and it seems that all of them are doing the same thing as the QC 35 II. Since it looks like this will not get implemented pretty soon can you at least let us know what would be a reason? Is this a hardware limitation? Or is this solely a product decision without any specific limitations?
Zondor
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 8, 2019

@Greg_B wrote:

Hello francoandrade,

You are correct, it has been a while since this request was made. We do hear you and definitely empathize with your frustrations. When you share your feedback here in the Community, we collect all such requests and share them regularly with the relevant development teams. I wish I could tell you we are able to immediately implement every change, however as you have no doubt noticed, that is not the case. There are quite a few other considerations that must be accounted for prior to any change to a product. Even seemingly small ones such as this. If we are able to accommodate this change then we will share it here in the Community. 

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

Considering other companies such as Tesla can roll out updates with user suggestions in less than a day, id have to say this is your own internal company issue that you are not able to implement this. Very disapointing to see such a big company with a focus on premium products doesn't care about any support after launch. Honestly this is a pretty simple thing to implement any programmer worth their salt would be able to do it in under an hour.

If what im saying about you not caring isn't true, then prove me wrong. Get it done by the end of the month.

millim
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 8, 2019

Hello!

I am also frustrated by using this product. Besides the fundamental quality issues on driver and firmware support, the NC does not what it should do. In case the device and NC is active, the white noise floor emitted by the headphone is totally displeasing, while ambient noise of the surrounding and environment are good suppressed. What is the point about that feature? I want to listen to silent music while environmental noise is good suppressed. That's not the case (mine was shipped with FW 3.1.7). In case of listening to loud music, I don't here clutter and environment noise by nature because of the mechanical shielding.

All in all, this is a classic example when innovation is left up to the engineers or even other electronic companies delivering the enabling technology. Where are the good times of Amar G. Bose, who had the right vison how to turn ideas to customer satisfaction?

Hi millim,

Thanks for posting. I am sorry that the QC35II hasn't lived up to your expectations. We do have a post that talks about ANC with some troubleshooting tips that might help. 

QC35 ANC Troubleshooting and Informational Guide

I hope that information helped.

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

scamuzzi
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 9, 2019

Do you mean that this problem will never be solved?

Thanks

Regards

Zondor
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 8, 2019

So you guys really don't care after all. Amazing. Great company guys!

Hi Zondor,

Thanks for posting. I understand the frustration. I can confirm that this request was submitted to our engineering dept. As soon as we have more news we will inform the community!

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

RVDB
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 17, 2018

I just got contact with the customer service and they suggested to use the cable on my wireless headphones. Great, now I have the QC25 for the price of the QC35!

mike77n
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 22, 2019

same problem here, I use medium level NC most of the time and have to use slow and unreliable android app each time, this is so annoying that I'm considering switching to Sony headphones for only this one reason