robbo1959
Participant
Registered since

Sep 18, 2017

Re: QC35 II default noise cancelling

I think my Bose QC35's will be going back to the retailer as this is not what i expected to have to do every time i switch on the headset. I also bought a cheap brand set for £30 & they are near same quality sound wise (Obviously not as good but really decent quality) with same functionality + 5.0 bluetooth. Not the same build quality but 1/10th of the financial outlay & ANC there when you want it not as a std when powered on.

MusicLover37
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 13, 2020

Before disconnecting the headphones from smartphone through the Bose connect app, a weak noise reduction was set, but when I reconnected the headphones to the smartphone and opened the app, the noise reduction was different, and not what I had originally set.

iPhone 11 pro. Bose QC 35 II.

iOS 14 (beta, I know),firmware 4.3.6

ljgravvat@gmail.com
Participant
Registered since

Jan 30, 2021

Bose QC 35 II ANC Default Setting?

I recently decided to try changing the default ANC setting of my BOSE QC 35 II headset. What I *want* is to be able to turn my headset on and have the ANC setting already be set to *low* or *off* rather than *high*. (The specific reason is to be able to use the QC 35 II in wired form on my PC, without forced default high ANC.) I saw on other forums that this was impossible, yet this was 2 years ago and maybe the status has changed? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

ANTREcote
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 16, 2021

I am uping-up this topic, I have exactly the same feature request. It has been more than 3 years and this option is still not available in the Bose connect app. Is it possible to add it?

Thanks.

Mike49
Participant
Registered since

Apr 24, 2021

Hi, I agree, this topic has been discussed for several years now. Does anybody at Bose read those comments?

joelirwin
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@Mike49 @barrycraig @ANTREcote ljgravvat@gmail.com (I do not work for Bose)

First the simple question - there are Bose employees whose job is to moderate this community.  They read everything and provide support responses as well as pass up suggestions and 'issues' to 'engineering'.  The engineering people are behind the curtain.  They would presumably be responsible for any 'bug fixes', functional changes and functional enhancements.  I know that certain Bose employees who are not assigned to this community read posts in this community.  But that is the extent of my knowledge.

Now for the more 'opinionated' part keeping in mind I am a user/customer like you and have no knowledge of what goes on behind the curtain anymore than you.  My response here is purely 'guesswork' based on the past and present.  Yes, Bose does occasionally add functionality to its BT mobile products.  But they are more likely to put those enhancements into newer products than existing ones.  Now I have never used a 700 so a 700 user here would need to confirm how the default ANC works (always HIGH or last setting).

So firmware for the QC35ii does not happen much anymore - 4 times in 2018, twice in 2019, and last time on 10/7/20.  We have no way of knowing when the next will be and what will be in it.  The interest as you have stated has been passed on for a while now - my personal 'guess' is that after all this time, if it has not been 'addressed', it is less likely in the future.

Mike49
Participant
Registered since

Apr 24, 2021

Thank you for your response. Sadly I think you are correct in your analysis, which does not reflect very well on Bose, considering how many purchasers feel strong enough about this issue to raise it on this forum.