dmsg
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 7, 2017

Re: QC35 II default noise cancelling

The same for me too. Change the default noise cancelling setting so you can select which of the three modes starts automatically when you turn the headphones on.

aleksd
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 20, 2017

Upvoting this request!

Seems like common sense. All other settings persists through power off / power on, except Noise Cancellation level!  There is a dedication button now to adjust noise cancellation, however it's not dedicated. Once you map it to Google assistant, there is no quick way to control noise cancelling. 

Jackboy
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 1, 2018

This is a very important feature. I bought a pair not knowing that noise cancellation would make me feel really sick. The reason this feature is requested is because a lot of us power the headphones off when we leave our computer (to save battery). We then come back, turn them on and sometimes forget about the default setting. This ruins the user experience because we feel sick after 30 minues - 1 hour and then realize why...

This should definitely be prioritized.

Jougani
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 6, 2018

While I disagree with some of the comments that other users are making about how “obvious” this choice seems, or about how “everyone” is experiencing some kind of negative side effect from the noise cancellation — I do agree that it would enhance the user experience if the noise cancellation setting was sticky.

Also on the topic of improving the user experience, it would be really cool to have in-app access to an eq (again with sticky settings) for the headphones themselves — perhaps even with eq “profiles” for different devices in the QC35 II’s paired list. The reason for this is that, personal experience, these headphones are capable of some phenomenal sound reproduction and have great drivers for bass, mids, and highs — but the out-of-the-box sound is pretty flat, and right now the only way to really get the performance they’re capable of, or get the custom sound that you can really enjoy jamming out to, is to hope that whatever device your QC35’s are paired with has access to a system-wide eq (which is not always the case — especially for mobile devices).

Thank you for your time!
hummus
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 7, 2018

I would love it too.. I ride my bikes every day and everytime I need to change the noise cancelation. Otherwise I can hear the wind.

Thank you!

max99
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 8, 2018

Agree massively needed!

I use them in the office and prefer to have them on low or off NC and then only want high on my travel in to work, so 75% of time I have to change the settings

SimonA
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 14, 2018

@Shiloh_C 

@Shiloh_C wrote:

Hey @barrycraig & @Webarcher,

@barrycraig to answer your question, yes, this is the intended functionality.

Thank you both for the great suggestion, I will pass this along to our team for you.  We always appreciate ideas from our customers and really like to see what everyone wants to better improve their experiences. 

How are you enjoying your QC35s?  We'd love to hear some feedback!

Thanks,

Shiloh_C

How about an update on this.

I got my new QC35 IIs yesterday and already I'm looking for this feature.

snowman
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 1, 2017

Same here. This has been pretty annoying. For a product in this price range I would appreciate more responsive customer service.

mohni
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 22, 2018

True this is becoming pretty annoying.

barrycraig
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 25, 2017

I actually found it so annoying I returned my QC35II's. I just found I wanted the noise cancelling off way more than I wanted it on.