maxnuk
Leader
Registered since

Mar 24, 2018

Re: QC35 II default noise cancelling

but does google work for you when you select anc and press pause/play in home screen ? 

when you set the button to google, does the pause / play button do the same thing?

Thanks,
Marcel M.
maxnuk
Leader
Registered since

Mar 24, 2018

You're the first person I talk to about it. Because I do not have the qc35ii.

Thanks,
Marcel M.
clarkcx
Participant
Registered since

Jun 7, 2018

Well, like I say, it works but with less functionality and it seems less reliable. The first time I asked it to play music from Spotify it did so. I also tried setting a timer and requesting a call and both of those tasks worked. Now, it's not doing anything. Currently I hold the button, it beeps, I make a request, it pauses and then beeps twice and doesn't do anything. This is the same after turning the headphones off and on again. Seems really buggy which is a shame and a surprise given the retail price of these things.

Now switching back to the other option of setting the hardware button to Google Assistant isn't working either. Pressing the button now results in "Open the Google Assistant button on your phone, then try that button again." — This is with the Assistant open on my phone screen. Very frustrating. 

I'm afraid I don't know what you mean by 'You should be the first person trying this. (on qc35ii)'

maxnuk
Leader
Registered since

Mar 24, 2018

You're the first person I talk to about it. Because I do not have the qc35ii. Just the qc35i.

Thanks,
Marcel M.
maxnuk
Leader
Registered since

Mar 24, 2018

Bose drivers are a disaster. I do not know what is happening. Plus it got really bad .. and it seems to get worse every time.

Thanks,
Marcel M.
clarkcx
Participant
Registered since

Jun 7, 2018

Ah I see. Thanks for you help. I think what we have here is a good example of decent hardware that's spoiled by shoddy software/firmware. Given that these things retail for over £300 I'd say they're severly overpriced in the current implementation. The noise cancellation does seem good but the overall product is 3/5 for me.

maxnuk
Leader
Registered since

Mar 24, 2018

I'm on the wire with Bose. You can not post a photo, edit rights, and post a link.. back to my channel, discord chat about mod and things about bose..

Thanks,
Marcel M.
MagikMan74
Participant
Registered since

Jul 18, 2018

I'd like to return this thread to the concern of not having the ability to default ANC. I can't use the ANC as it kicks in my motion sickness pretty hard, however, my wife can use it. I am the main user of these headphones so the ability to opt into instead of out of the ANC would be extremely beneficial. It's annoying that every time I turn on my headphones I have to avoid putting them on my head until I know that the ANC is off (whether by the app or the button), otherwise I'll spend the next 5-10 minutes being nauseous. Yes, in the time it takes for me to turn off the ANC by using the button I get 5-10 minutes of nausea.

I understand that every user has different needs, that's why I'm not advocating changing whether it's opt in vs opt out, rather there should be a setting on the app that stores preference. Or at least let the headphones "remember" the previous setting.

Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi MagikMan74,

Thanks for reaching out. I am sorry that the QC35 II didn't work out for you. If you are not satisfied with your headphones we want you to know that we are here to help! You can contact your local Bose support any time by using this link. Click on your country, scroll down to " Contact Us".

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Tyrellmot
Participant
Registered since

Jul 25, 2018

Absolutely love the headphones and have had them about a week using them daily. I think the remember on or off is a great option for everyone. Would love to see it integrated into the app.