Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fuuci89
Participant
Registered since

Sep 9, 2020

QC35 II left ear doesn't work only when wired

the left ear of my qc35 ii headphones stopped working, but only when connecting with a wire. I have already tried replacing the wire connecting it to my mac 2 times, but both times, it did not work. when connected to bluetooth, both ears work fine, which is why I'm confused. I tried switching my sound from stereo to mono, but the left ear still didn't work

are there any suggestions/solutions to fix this problem?

4 REPLIES 4
Keith_L
Community Manager

Re: QC35 II left ear doesn't work only when wired

Hi fucci89,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community!

It sounds like you've been doing some great troubleshooting for this already, so thank you for doing that and letting us know! Replacing the wire and checking a Bluetooth connection are both great steps to try.

As you mentioned this happens when connecting with a wire to your Mac, have you tried connecting the headphones to any other devices using the wire? If you have a 3.5mm connection on a device like your phone or TV, it would be worth checking this.

If it is only with the Mac, some of our users HERE found a setting on the Mac, under system preferences -> Sound, that controlled the left/right balance in their headphones, it would definitely be worth checking this on your computer too!

Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Hamuardo
Participant
Registered since

May 20, 2021

Re: "...you mentioned this happens when connecting with a wire to your Mac, have you tried connecting the headphones to any other devices using the wire? If you have a 3.5mm connection on a device like your phone or TV, it would be worth checking this...''

I have the exact same problem. I have tested with both my MacBook Pro 3.5mm audio connection and my Phone's 3.5mm connection. Still only audio from the right ear and not the left ear.

NB: I had updated my QC35 II headphones to the latest version (4.8.1) of software/firmware(?) before doing the above tests (different devices with a 3.5mm out jack).

Bluetooth to both my Macbook and Phone, with my QC35 II, works perfectly. It is ONLY when using the Bose supplied 2.5mm to 3.5mm audio cable that audio is only working on the right side.   This is a big issue for me, as I've just invested in an expensive portable DAC to improve the audio quality in my QC35 II.   

(NB: The above tests were done without the DAC, so it's a headphone issue, as the DAC wasn't in use)

Any help you can give to fix this would be greatly appreciated before I give away my Bose headphones and buy something that works with a cable (e.g. B&W PX7).  Yep, I'm that frustrated

Thanks

Hector_B

Hello Hamuardo, 

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community. Sorry to hear that you are also having this aux issue. 

We appreciate the testing that you have performed so far and are surprised the issue persists. Have you performed a  reset on the headset at all? If you haven't you can see how to do this here

Can you please also confirm that you have tested another 3.5mm cable as advised above? 

We look forward to hearing back from you! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Hamuardo
Participant
Registered since

May 20, 2021

Hi Hector_B,

Thanks for your suggestions. I located a different 2.5 to 3.5 cable and yes, that was the solution. 😀  Hooray!   The original cable I had was faulty. Problem solved.

Everything is working great now. Thank you  👍