Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 26, 2020

QC35 II microphone initially very low volume and takes time to increase at the start of a call

In the past couple of weeks, i've noticed that my QC35 II have started to have a very low microphone call volume and it takes up to 30 seconds for the volume to increase so that the person on the other line can then hear me. The feedback from the caller is that initially i sound very far away and faint, and then after upto about 30 seconds later the volume dramatically increases and they can then hear me fine. I'm based in Sydney, Australia, and my Bose Connect app says that my product is up to date.

I've researched previous posts, and have ensured that the microphone is not on mute, as well as tried to "reset" via plugging the headset in to a wall USB socket, waiting 5 seconds, disconnecting, waiting a minute etc.

There is nothing further that i can pin-point as to why this has started to happen. It is very frustrating as i look to use these headphones to not only listen to music wirelessly, but also use them for making business phone calls whilst working from home during this current COVID-19 pandemic.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: QC35 II microphone initially very low volume and takes time to increase at the start of a call

Hey @mdvlt,

Thank you for taking the time to post - I hope you're safe and well.

What device are you connecting your QuietComfort 35 II headphones too? If it's Android, have you tried using the headset with an iOS device, to test if the microphone experiences the same issues on a call?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!