QC35 II must maintain line of sight with Surface Laptop / Win 10. Otherwise connection cuts
I've noticed that using my QC35 II if they break line of sight with my Suface Laptop 3 (brand new) with latest Windows 10, the connection starts to break up or cuts out entirely.
My exact setup / repro :
- My Laptop is plugged into Surface Dock 1.5 - 2 ft away from me (underneath my monitor.
- When i put on the headphones and turn them on, the connection happens fast.
- I can start to play music, and as long as the RIGHT cup has line of sight connection - all is well.
- If i turn my head to the right (removing line of sight to Laptop) the sound immediately cuts out and stays so until i turn my head back strait. If i turn left (exposing the right cup to the PC even more) no issues at all.
Things I've tried
- Updating the firmware to 4.5.2
- Unpairing + repairing
- Soft reset the QC 35 (via turn off 30 seconds, plug in 5 seconds, turn off 1 min, turn on)
- Hard reset the QC 35 (holding the power button for 15 seconds)
Do these headphones seriously only have a range of like 3 feet? this is ridiculous...
Note: Another person on my team with the exact same laptop and the Bose 700 reports no such issues and actually can travel down the hall without audio problems.
Anyone have any ideas?