Highlighted
joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Re: QC35 II mute workaround is a pain

My two basic questions still remain:

1. Do all the apps that do VOIP communicate with the QC35ii as a 'call'?  Otherwise, the customer expects that the +/- will cause a mute and nothing happens

2. If the VOIP apps have their own muting facility, when would we want to mute the app and when would we want to mute via the headphones?  The only scenario, so far, I can think of muting via the headphones are either (1) too far away to mute the app or (2) it is a many to many or many to one conversation where the QC35ii is one of the many and you just want to mute the QC35ii and not everyone else of the many

Highlighted
cephalopod
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 15, 2019

@Mohsin_S   you miss the point.  Using the + and - buttons simultaneously is a poor experience for a commonly accessed function.

Please re-read the first post.  

Can we request you allow the Action button to be customised to perform the same Mute function - it would be a much nicer/easier experience for most business users who do not care for Alexa!

Highlighted
cephalopod
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 15, 2019

My understanding of the Mute function, is that it ceases use of the microphone built-in into the headset... so no audio is sent over blueooth - regardless of what application/device it is being used for?

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Jun 6, 2018

Hello cephalopod,

Yes, the "mute" function disables the microphone in the headset. I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Greg

Highlighted
cephalopod
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 15, 2019

@Greg_B wrote:

Hello cephalopod,

Yes, the "mute" function disables the microphone in the headset. I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Greg

Greg - Can you help with the request to allow the Action button to be customised to perform the same Mute function - it would be a much nicer/easier experience for most business users who do not care for Alexa!

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Jun 6, 2018

Hello cephalopod,

I have forwarded your request to our Development team. If there is any more information regarding this feature request we will share it here.

Best Regards,

Greg

Highlighted
itdwebman
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Feb 7, 2019

I want to be as crystal clear as possible.  This is my third and last top of the line Bose QC headset I will purchase.

It is completely unusable without being able to mute and unmute with a simple button push.

Hitting Vol +/Vol - does NOT mute/unmute the microphone or verablly annonce it has been done.

We are paying $300+ for this headset and lack of this functionality is shocking to me.

Would suggest a firmware update ASAP to provide an easy sequence.

Frustrated Bose user - life long product owner (to this point) as I cannot use this headset now with my VIOP calls

Highlighted
itdwebman
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Feb 7, 2019

I should have done more research - "100% agree! The problem is even more evident with VoIP calls (webex / skype / zoom / gotomeeting) as the + / - shortcut does not mute the call. "  No voice telling me the mic is muted using the vol +/- either. 

To make matters worse, I cannot connect to a Windows 10 PC , then disconnet and connect to my paired iphone?

dteter31
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 7, 2019

I've seen some posts that indicate that the mic is completely disabled on mute - but it doesnt seem to re-enable ANC and/or turn off the sidecar functionality. Is that expected?

Other than being able to mute directly - the feedback in the headphones while not speaking is quite annoying.

Thanks.

Highlighted
joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Just out of pure curiosity since I rarely use VOIP on my laptop and occasionally use Facetime, Skype and Whatsapp on my iphone 7+ but don't mute....

Most VOIP apps have a mute function.  What would be a scenario that muting on the app does not satisfy the muting need and it rather must be done on the output / Bose device (speaker or headphone)?