Highlighted
itdwebman
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Feb 7, 2019

Re: QC35 II mute workaround is a pain

I am a happy Owner of QC35s - my largest issue is VIOP/Skype type calls are not supported for mutting functionaliy.  

I hope this can be addressed in some manner.

Only other comment is the mic is very sensitive and picks up background noise which can sometimes impact call quality for those you are talking too,

Highlighted
G-
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 8, 2019

Please allow for the Action button to mute the microphone, through press and hold!

Hi, I have been using my QC35 II for a while now and love them except that they are useless during a Teams or Skype call, as I cannot mute them (the volume + and - combination does not work on VoIP calls from my laptop). I use Alexa and I like that function of the Action button, but it would be great to also have a long press (or double press) of the Action button muting/unmuting the microphone.

Thanks,

a long-time Bose customer...

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your suggestions, I have forwarded your comments on to the development team to be reviewed. As soon as we have any updates we will be sure to make a post on the community to inform all customers.

I hope this helps, should you need anything else please get in touch.

Kindest regards,

Zoe_C

Highlighted
steinba1
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 8, 2018

Hi Zoe,

Thanks for your follow up.  The response seems to be in line with other moderator/Bose feedback that we've received.  As you can see, this thread started the first week of January 2018.  There are similar threads also running on this board.  Prioritizing function buttons for Alexa/Assistant functonality is a huge mistake by Bose's prodcut development/management team that should have been easliy recognized long ago.

Is there a time limit for when Bose simply puts an end to accepting customer feedback regarding a specific feature?  This seems like a major fuctionality flaw for power users of the product that Bose simply does not care about.  If it is never going to be fixed I'd love to know ASAP.  As it is, it will likely be the last Bose product I purchase.

Thanks in advance for your help and feedback.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Hello G-,

We do still take requests for features until it is implemented by the development team, a feature needs to have a lot of customers requesting the feature to highlight the need for the feature. There are no new updates on whether we will be implementing this functionality.

I hope this helps, should you need anything else please get in touch.

Kindest regards,

Zoe_C

steinba1
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 8, 2018

Hi Zoe --

Would it be possible to define "a lot of customers"?  Is there an actual metric for number of requests that triggers action from the development team?  I believe if we aggregate the mutliple threads related to this same issue the numbers are probably "a lot".

I think most of us have given up hope for a fix already.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Hello G-,

I am sorry but we would not be able to provide that information, however, if you need help with anything else then please get in touch.

Kindest regards,

Zoe_C - Community Support 

Highlighted
disspointed
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 9, 2019

I wish I had read this before I bought these headphones. Now I will need to return them and purchase headphones that provide this essential business feature. 

I notice that the new bose headphones (coming out soon) will have this feature and can only imagine that this feature is not being added to the current version, so as to encourage existing bose headphone owners to purchase the new headphones, so bose can maximize profits. 

Considering the price of these headphones and the market these headphones are tartgetted at, and also the fact that adding this feature to the current headphones would be a relatively simple process. I cannot help but feel dissapointed with my purchasing experience and will not be purchasing bose again. 

Highlighted
ErikSorensen
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 3, 2019

Does anyone know of any existing headphones that *do* have this functionality?  I am also in the same boat with muting conf calls via pc and/or phone.

Highlighted
Tobberd
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 16, 2019

Is there any update regarding this muting feature?