Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 4, 2018

QC35 II mute workaround is a pain

QC35 II mute workaround is a pain.

Hope that someone from BOSE design team can read this.

Using my QC35 II at home, travel and work, sound and noise cancelling is great but for work…. Being on conf calls most of the day, need to constantly go from mute-unmute… Well there is a workaround given by BOSE “While it is not listed on the manual, we have found that on some devices briefly pressing the volume + and volume - simultaneously mutes the call” is not working for me, not that it does not do it, but have no clue if muted or not as no warning message. Also while on call trying to type email, need to almost use 2 hands, one to hold headset in place and other trying to hit the two button of Vol + and – and same time. Using one hand with finger is pushing headset around making all king of noise on the call while try to mute. Got several comments on many call’s “STOP making noise” while I’m just trying to go on mute!

At the price being sold, mostly people that have QC35 II are for business for travel and work and close to be useless for business calls as mute-unmute is not practical.

Pressing Vol + and – is software and could/should be replaced by something else.

There is action button that can be change to be Noise cancelling levels or Google assistant… BOSE could add option to action button to also be “mute on or off” and include messages as “”mute on” and “mute off”. That would completely change call handling aspect.

Also action button missing options, should have click once and hold 3 sec. this would give option to do 2 things with same button and action should be selectable from BOSE connect app. IE, click once mute on or off and hold 3 sec Noise cancelling levels.

I have a love-hate relationship with my QC35 II, having action button “mute on or off” and would include messages as “”mute on” and “mute off” would completely change my view of these headset.

Food for taught…

64 REPLIES 64
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Re: QC35 II mute workaround is a pain

Hey Joey,

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience in the community, I would be happy to pass that request along for you.  We appreciate the feedback.

I hope that you enjoy your day,

Shiloh_C 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 8, 2018

I have the same exact problem as the original poster and think his solution is an excellent one (if it is possible for Bose to implement).  This is the second functionality issue I have experienced (bluetooth to PC was the first) and I have had my headphonese for less than 24 hours.

I like them, not complaining, but this functionality is critical for a device of this quality and price point.

Thank you for your help.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 8, 2018

Totally agree with the orginal post.  The headphones are nearly unusable for conference calls for this reason.  I either have to fumble with the device (PC or cell phone) to mute the call or hope that I hit the +/- correctly so as not to commit one of the cardinal sins of business conference calls.

Sadly, I've resorted to the standard office headset for the time being. 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 7, 2018

I agree as well. If we had the option to set the Action button to a mute mic button that would be ideal.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 8, 2018

I just want to "pile on" in totally agreement with the comments below.  Hitting "+ -" at the same time is too difficult.. and no indication that you are on mute is also a problem.  This would really enhance the product.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 11, 2018

I've just acquired this headset and want to post another vote for the mute feature request. To me, as with the many other people on this thread, the ability to change the action button to be mute would be huge. I would use this feature much more frequently than the Google Assistant or the noise cancellation level toggle. Is there a specifc contact or channel to which feature requests or feedback can be sent?

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

@mcolburn Hello, we appreciate your insight. There isn't a specific contact, but you may submit feedback/feature requests through the forums and we can pass it along to the team. We are always looking for ways to improve our Bose products!

Thank you!

Mohsin

Highlighted
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Mar 24, 2018

I also agree with my qc35i. (In addition to the option for Sidetone)
Thanks,
Marcel M.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 20, 2018

I think the majority of the consumers buying the QC35 II would agree having to click two buttons is a pain. The action button is perfict for muting when on a call. The mute function should be in sync with the mobile device's mute visual. 

-Sunny