Brandon_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Re: QC35 II not connecting to Win10

If you are uninstalling the LE-Bose QC35 II, this won't work. Reason is because this stands for Low Energy. The Bluetooth adaptor in your computer will always find this because this is the design of Bluetooth LE. Can you try uninstalling the 'Bose QC35 II'.

Kind Regards,

Brandon_C

andrii1702
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 14, 2019

I've tried uninstalling them both in different order, they are still coming back when I "scan for hardware changes". Very strange. Is there another way of removing them completely? 

Brandon_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

So looking back at your post now. I see that your uninstalling it from your Bluetooth Adapter. Which won't work unfortunately. Because when you scan for hardware changes your Bluetooth adapter will search for any Bluetooth devices around it. So the drivers aren't an issue I believe. Have you tried restarting your computer out of curiosity?

Kind Regards,

Brandon_C

andrii1702
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 14, 2019

I have restarted the PC multiple times. I also don't get this "scans for nearby devices" thing, my headphones are switched off when I scan for hardware changes, but the devices keep reappearing after i delete them. It only happens to the BOSE devices, other bluetooth devices don't come back.

Sam_F

Hi andrii1702,

I think we should try a reset of your headphones, to see if this will completely remove all memory of the headphones from your PC. 

To do this, follow these steps:

1. Turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds
  2. Plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds
  3. Unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute
  4. Turn on the headset
  5. Restart your computer and attempt re-connection

Give this a try, and let me know if you are still experiencing issues connecting your headphones.

Warm Regards,

Sam F

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
andrii1702
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 14, 2019

Did the reset, laptop still keeps reinstalling the BOSE QC35 even with the headphones being off. 

Reset didn't clear the BT devices list, is that normal, or reset didn't work? Is there any way of surgically removing the pairing between the laptop and headphones? I find it extremely weird that the device keeps reinstalling the headphones under old name when they are off and under new name when I turn them on. 

andrii1702
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 14, 2019

Author Accepted Answer selected by andrii1702

ISSUE RESOLVED! 

Basically, refer to the post #9 in the following forum thread (not sure if I'm allowed to post the links here): https://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/22049-how-completely-remove-bluetooth-device-win-10-a.htm...

I'll also quote the solution here in case the link isn't ok: 

My symptoms:
- Previously working bluetooth speaker (UE BOOM 2 in my case) stops connecting
- Windows 10 'Bluetooth and other devices' menu shows the device as Paired
- Pressing connect makes it attempt to connect but fails then it goes back to Paired
- Remove device hides the device from the menu, but as soon as you turn bluetooth on and off, or restart the computer, the device comes back
- You pull your hair out.

Solution that worked for me after much, much unsuccessful internet trawling and one system restore:
- Download this 7 year old command line bluetooth toolset: Bluetooth command line tools - work with bluetooth from the command line
- Install it, make sure you enable the option to "Add Bluetooth Command Line Tools directory to path"
- Open Powershell
- Put your device that isn't working properly into pairing mode
WARNING: THE FOLLOWING COMMAND WILL UNPAIR ALL BLUETOOTH DEVICES
- type in "btpair -u"
- Boom, all of a sudden Windows asks me if I want to allow pairing to my device that isn't working
- Hit yes, successfully connected again
- Cry tears of joy

View solution in original post

Leon_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Hi Andrii1702, 

Many thanks for providing this information, it's a big help. Hopefully anyone who encounters this issue can use this method to try and resolve their issue.

Warm regards

Leon_C - Community Support

Kiefer
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 25, 2019

QC35 ii not connecting to Windows 10

I know there are a lot of duplicate posts about this issue, so I'm a happy to be directed to another post if there is a primary post discussing this item elsewhere.

Since purchase of the QC35 ii I've had trouble connecting it to my Window 10 computer. Sometimes I can get it to work for a few weeks or a month or two until it stops working again. The solution is usually uninstalling drivers and reconnecting the headphones, not really a problem. But, sometimes this does not solve the problem and I've had to purchased two different USB-bluetooth adapters, which each had worked for a time.

This time I can't seem to fix the issue. I've tried to follow the recommendations in other threads but none have been effective. I seem to be having difficulty actually removing the drivers / device from Windows despite it appearing that they have been removed.

Where I'm at now is that the device (QC35 ii) is 'paired' with the computer, but will not 'connect'. Both an LE and a normal device are shown in the Windows bluetooth settings. The LE device will connect but does not provide any function (both as an existing connection and when trying to add again as a new device). The normal (non-LE) device shows as an existing device but will not connect, nor can I re-add it as a new device (it is not visible) even after removing it from Windows and uninstalling the related drivers.

I've attempted to uninstall and reinstall all bluetooth drives (for the headphones as well as for the USB bluetooth adapter). I've manually installed the USB bluetooth adapter drivers directly from the manufacturer's website. I've done this and uninstalled all related drivers with the computer in airplane mode in order to ensure new drivers are not immediately being downloaded and replaced again by Windows.

With the headphones disconnected, computer in airplane mode, devices removed (both normal and LE) from Windows, drivers uninstalled and USB bluetooth adapter driver reinstalled manually: when I turn airplane mode off the drivers are immediately reinstalled and the headphones re-added as a device. The headphones are still powered off so I suspect somehow the device / drivers are not being fully removed from Windows. Perhaps the headphones are not visible as a new device to add because they were never truly removed from the Windows bluetooth device list.

I'm wondering if anyone else has encountered this or have any recommendations.

Thanks,

Hector_B

Re: QC35 ii not connecting to Windows 10

Hi Kiefer, 

Thanks for posting, I am very sorry to hear that you are having this issue. I have merged your post with this thread with some great troubleshooting steps above. 

Please attempt them and update us on the results. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!