Kiefer
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 25, 2019

Re: QC35 II not connecting to Win10

Thank you to andrii1702 for providing this solution and to Hector_B for directing me to it. My headphones were paired with my computer but would not connect. I was unable to permenantly unpair them after hours of trying (deleting drivers, etc. etc. per other posts here), and the device continued to reappear in the Windows device list preventing me from completing a fresh pairing.

- I installed the bluetooth command line tools per andrii1702's post.

- After running the commant "btpair -u" nothing seemed to happen.

- I then pressed the connect button for the headphone in the Windows bluetooth menu (where the headphones are shown when they are already paired).

- The headphones were then removed as a device from Windows.

- I was able to do a fresh pairing of the headphone with Windows through the normal process of "Add a bluetooth or other device" in the Window bluetooth menu.

Seems to work fine now for the time being. Hopefully this can help others as well.

bootsc06
Participant
Registered since

Jul 1, 2019

This worked!!!! Oh thank the powers that be! I tried everything that was suggested and this was the ONLY thing that FINALLY fixed the issue! 

Thank you!

joungiii
Participant
Registered since

Jul 6, 2019

Man I love YOU!!!
Basically after few weeks of trying to connect my headphones also to an XPS 13, after several attempts of 10sec clearing to 30s rebooting and all other that is mentioned of forums your solution worked.

Bless YOU 🙂

jawbone130
Participant
Registered since

Sep 3, 2019

Currently crying tears of joy. Thanks for the post. 

rotem_shavit
Participant
Registered since

Sep 13, 2019

Q35 windows 10 Bluetooth problem

Hi, 

Unitl now i have connected my q35 headphones perfectly. But now there is a problem - I can't connect the headfones and if I managed to connect i cant choose the headphones as the pkayback option.

In addition, I did manage to play music through the headphones sometimes but then I cant control the pc sound from the haedphones conrols.

If someone could help me it will be really appriciated.

THANKS!

TrevT
Participant
Registered since

Nov 26, 2019

Re: Q35 windows 10 Bluetooth problem

Hi,

I had no luck at all connecting to my Lenovo desktop until I went to this site and downloaded the drivers listed,

then on the pc I went to "add new device" and it found the headphones straight away, they have worked perfect ever since,

maybe this info will help somebody

Trev

https://support.lenovo.com/gb/en/downloads/ds500130

JohnPC1
Participant
Registered since

Dec 4, 2019

I was informed via the Bose community that there is no Bose Connect app for Windows.  So I can only connect via the adapter (a really short wire btw) and also told that without the app I can't use several functions.  Is there a fix for this, some type of adapter that will allow the device to pair with my desktop computer for wireless use?  I couldn't find such a thing at Bose.  I have not tried to add the device yet, as I just got the QC35 ii headphones last night.  I've read several of the posts but I was uncertain (given the lack of a windows pc connect app) if those folks are talking about a wireless connection or a wired connection.  This is my first time with a wireless device so have no experience with this.  I live in the mountains where cell reception is poor and so I don't have a smart phone, given how unreliable the signal is.  I am a writer and want these specifically for my pc, listening to music as I write.  Would appreciate any help with this.

TrevT
Participant
Registered since

Nov 26, 2019

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in replying, but I have been away for a few days,
firstly I would make sure that you have the latest BT drivers installed on you pc, the drivers that I found on the Lenovo website would probably be specific to their products, so you could check the manufacturer's site for your particular make / model to see if they offer any specific drivers that might work,
its a shame, perhaps a usb plug in BT adaptor might work for you, best to order it from somewhere it can be returned easily if it turns out not to work
 Bose do not offer a specific app to help us, so its down to the individual to try and sort it out for themselves,
lastly, you can always plug them in with the supplied 3.5mm lead, not ideal, but it might work for you if you are always in front of the pc, its easy to buy a much longer lead than the one supplied if length is a problem

Trev
roblob
Participant
Registered since

Mar 3, 2020

QC 35 II

Dear Bose,

I purchased these QC 35 II headphones in January of 2018, it is currently March of 2020, to date, Bose, as a company, seems to not care about its customers. I have searched these forums for an answer as to why there is no driver provided by Bose for the headphones. I have Windows 10 and still have unknown devices and poor connection issues with the QC 35 II headphones as well as three other pairs of wireless Bose devices. I have SoundSport (Which fell apart) and the SoundSport HR (which the red plastic at the wire connection fell off so are falling apart) and a few Speakers. Your fit and finish is truly at the lower of the bottom of the rung when it comes to the SoundSport line. Could not even buy a replacement collar clip when it fell off.

Bose, I paid  $386.73 for these QC 35 II headphones which you've yet to provide proper driver support. I am not going to go buy a Bluetooth dongle to get the headphones to function properly. That is just ludicrous that you seem to expect your customers to buy other items to make your overpriced item function properly. I find it disturbing that you consider Bose to be "the brand" yet seem to show no concern for your loyal customer base. I have a pair of Sony noise-cancelling headphones and I think my future purchases will be with other companies. In my theatre, I switched from Bose to Sonos. So you have lost me as a customer I hope you get your priorities straight and create better than merely sub-par product support and drivers would be nice. You should stop relying on others to do your job for you. By others, I am referring to hardware and software manufacturers like Microsoft.

It's been really expensive, but not really fun.

Your Ex.

DanQ
Participant
Registered since

Mar 17, 2020

Yes! Thank you! I have been searching for an answer for hours upon hours!