Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 31, 2020

QC35 II turning off and on by themselves

Every couple of hours my headphones turn off and I hear the noise cancellation cut and then they turn back on by themselves. It's annoying because if I'm in middle of a call I can't hear while they are turning off and back on and reconnecting to devices. I've checked the Bose app and the software is updated. I tried to let the battery die and completely recharge them but nothing seems to be helping. They are doing while connected to my iphone, dell laptop or anything else, doesn't seem specific to a single product. 

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted

Re: QC35 II turning off and on by themselves

Hey Spate,

Thank you for posting in the Bose Community!

It's very unusual that your QC35 II's are exhibiting this power behavior. You've taken some great initiative with the troubleshooting steps you've already performed. Next, I would suggest resetting the headphones. To do this, please follow these steps:

1. Turn off the headphones and wait 30 seconds
  2. Plug the headphones into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds
  3. Unplug the USB cord from the headphones and wait 1 minute
  4. Turn on the headphones

If the problem persists, I'd have to recommend looking into the service options available. This can be done by reaching out to our local support team. Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 17, 2020

Qc35II turning ON after being turned OFF

Hi, i have a QC35II headphones and everytime i would turn it OFF, it would turn ON later on its own. My product is out of warranty because i bought it 2 years ago. I have not been using it recently and i was wondering everytime i would use it after being kept that it is low on battery or out of battery. Any ideas how to fix this issue? Or i just bought a lemon? Maybe i should have bought a SONY instead.. thank you

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 17, 2020

Re: Qc35II turning ON after being turned OFF

I have the same issue. Haven’t heard back yet from support. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 17, 2020

I looked at my options and since it is out of warranty. I think all they could do is offer me a discount. I mean if its part of wear and tear, I would understand. Is turning ON on its own a wear and tear issue? If the solution is buy a new one, then nothing I can do but buy a new one. It definitely would not be a Bose again.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 17, 2020

Will anyone from BOSE give us a solution here? It is annoying that you turn it of and go to sleep and there would be the headphones turning ON by itself and you would hear it trying to connect to your devices. If they can or will not be able to help us because it is out of warranty, then I hope they tell us that we can do nothing but buy a new one because unfortunately we got a lemon worth 400+ dollars.

Highlighted

Hey @Rye517,

I completely understand your frustrations and we want to resolve this for you. The best way to do this is to reach out to your local support team and explain the issue in full. They'll understand the best course of action and in your case, this is no fault of your own so I'd expect them to work with you to find a resolution. 

Have you managed to reach out to the team yet? If so, what was discussed?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 17, 2020

Hi Sam,

I did called BOSE about this and was told to look for the receipt and if it is less than 2 years, they will replace but if more than that then nothing they can do. A big disappointment with this product. I thought that because it was expensive and has a good name that it would be good and trouble free. But that was not the case. Never again.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 17, 2020

This is the picture.

image.jpg
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 17, 2020