Highlighted
GFonseca83
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 23, 2019

QC35 II very bad sound quality when using Bluetooth on Apple devices

Hello

Im using my QC35 II with an iPad Air 2 and an Iphone XS. (all of the devices with firmware up to date)

Using them on bluetooth, they have a good sound quality but after a few seconds (sometimes 10 seconds, sometimes 1 minute) the sound quality drops a lot!

I've tried rebboting the headphones. It works for a few seconds but the problem comes back.

I've tried Spotify and iTunes.

I don't have a problem when connected to my laptop or by wire to any device.

I guess its the bluetooth configuration but on Apple devices there isn't much i can do...

What do i do?

Firmware: 4.3.6

Manufacture date: 21/11/2018

Guilherme

14 REPLIES 14

Re: QC35 II very bad sound quality when using Bluetooth on Apple devices

Hello GFonseca83,

Thank you for your message, welcome to the community! 

I am very sorry to hear you are having this quality issue with your IOS devices, but I would love to try and get this resolved for you. 

Just to clarify some information for me, is your computer also an apple device? And you use Bluetooth and your cable to connect to this and the audio quality is fine, it only occurs with your Iphone and Ipad? 

If your computer is an apple device, can you please connect to another non-apple product to see the results of the sound quality?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Tegan M - Community Support 

GFonseca83
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 23, 2019

Hello

Sorry, i wasnt clear on that.

My computer isn't an Apple device. It runs on Windows 10.

The problem only occurs when im using bluetooth on both of the Apple devices (Iphone and Ipad)

Guilherme

Thank you very much for your confirmation of this! 

May I ask what software your IOS devices are updated to?

When you are connected to your apple devices via Bluetooth, are both your Ipad and Iphone connected at the same time? I would ensure that only one device is connected at one time to ensure you have the highest quality sound as the headset may be attempting to connect to other audio signals from the device not in use. 

Please let me know.

Tegan M 

GFonseca83
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 23, 2019

They are both updated to iOS 12.3.

I've tried to conect to only one device but its the same.

The problem that i have its like switching the bluetooth profile to "hands free". On the laptop when i switch the speaker profile to hands free, i get a very low audio quality. 

Using the Apple devices, its seems that the headphones are switching it to that profile.

Hello GFonseca83,

Thanks for getting in touch again. I would recommend a product reset, please follow the steps below:

• Turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds
• Plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds
• Unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute
• Turn on the headset

I hope this helps, let me know how you get on!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C

GFonseca83
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 23, 2019

Tried this multiple times. Didn't solved the problem.

I have also tried the reset on the bluetooth button for 10 sec.

Hello GFonseca83,

Thank you for your update on this issue, I am very sorry to hear it still persists. 

I would recommend taking a look into your mobile devices A2DP Stereo Audio settings, your IOS devices may be automatically using a Headset Profile (HSP) or Hands-Free Profile (HFP) resulting in the poor and low audio quality. For information on what profile the phone supports refer to the manufacturer of the device to see what options are available in order to ensure you have the A2DP Stereo Audio so that you have high quality sound through the headset. 

Please let us know how you get on.

Many thanks,

Tegan M 

GFonseca83
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 23, 2019

I still dont have a solution for this.

On Apple devices i cant manage the A2DP settings.

This new Bose firmware doesnt fix it.

joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@Tegan_M 

I can't speak for the iPhone X since I have an iPhone 7+, but I am on iOS 12.3.1.  Again unless it is a new feature of 12.3.1 specific to the X, I can tell you that the iOS 12.3.1 I have has no way to directly manipulate anything with Bluetooth other than connecting devices.  It will itself switch between A2DP and HFP modes or perhaps the apps themselves somehow cause the switch but the iOS settings app which is the only user interface does not provide any switching capability in the "Bluetooth" settings option.  I use looked at the options for Spotify and did not see anything BT switchable as well.

So we know I am not having he issue on my 7+ and we also know that other XS users are not having the issue (unless there are other posts here saying so - I can not recollect).  So what that suggests is that either just that XS is incorrectly switching or their is an issue with that particular QC35ii.  Troubleshooting suggests trying the same thing on another XS (or if one is not available - try going to an Apple store) AND trying a different QC35ii on the original XS.  Look and listen to both and check back in here.

But again - Apple iPhone users can not control manually what BT profile is used.