emboze7
Participant
Registered since

Apr 27, 2020

QC35 Sound no sound from one side

Recently, my QC35 headphones effectively stopped working from my right side when I connect to my MacBook (the sound on the right is so faint it's basically not working). The odd thing is that this happened spontaneously and I believe it's not a hardware issue because when I switch over to a different device like my iPhone, the right side begins to work. How can I remedy this (connectivity?) issue with my headphones and MacBook?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tegan_M

Re: QC35 Sound no sound from one side

Author Accepted Answer selected by emboze7

Hello, 

Thanks for reaching out. I would love to do what I can to help. 

Does this occur with a Bluetooth connection as well as a cabled connection to your MacBook?

I would also suggest rebooting your computer as well as your headphones. Instruction on how to do this can be found below.

• Turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds
  • Plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds
  • Unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute
  • Turn on the headset

Do let us know how you get on.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Tegan_M

Author Accepted Answer selected by emboze7

Hello, 

Thanks for reaching out. I would love to do what I can to help. 

Does this occur with a Bluetooth connection as well as a cabled connection to your MacBook?

I would also suggest rebooting your computer as well as your headphones. Instruction on how to do this can be found below.

• Turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds
  • Plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds
  • Unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute
  • Turn on the headset

Do let us know how you get on.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

emboze7
Participant
Registered since

Apr 27, 2020

Hi,

The rebooting of the headphones did the trick—thanks!

PaulX
Participant
Registered since

Jul 26, 2020

No luck. Tried multiple times rebooting Mac and Headphones as per suggestion. They work fine when wired to Mac, and Bluetoothed to iPhone, so this issue of no sound from one side is probably a software issue related to Bluetooth-to-Mac. Suggestions please?

PaulX
Participant
Registered since

Jul 26, 2020

Solved!

Found this fix from 3 years ago. Switching headphones to Bluetooth send the audio to one side only! Needs a fix.

https://community.bose.com/t5/Headphones-Archive/QC35-right-ear-quieter-than-left/td-p/92053

yanatcheri
Participant
Registered since

Nov 23, 2020

Hello, I did this trouble-shooting process for my SoundLinks, and it did not help. A
Any other suggestions? 

Thanks

Jeff_G

Hello yanatcheri, 

Thanks for joining the discussion. 

does the issue occur with your headphones if you use them via the audio cable? If the problem occurs, even with a wired connection, I'd recommend getting in touch with local support to seek service. 

Thanks. 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Keithayoungster
Participant
Registered since

Mar 15, 2021

Bose says this is solved but it’s not! I have spent time on the phone and followed all instructions to a T and they still only play from one side