Participant
Registered since

Apr 27, 2020

QC35 Sound no sound from one side

Recently, my QC35 headphones effectively stopped working from my right side when I connect to my MacBook (the sound on the right is so faint it's basically not working). The odd thing is that this happened spontaneously and I believe it's not a hardware issue because when I switch over to a different device like my iPhone, the right side begins to work. How can I remedy this (connectivity?) issue with my headphones and MacBook?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: QC35 Sound no sound from one side

Author Accepted Answer selected by emboze7

Hello, 

Thanks for reaching out. I would love to do what I can to help. 

Does this occur with a Bluetooth connection as well as a cabled connection to your MacBook?

I would also suggest rebooting your computer as well as your headphones. Instruction on how to do this can be found below.

• Turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds
  • Plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds
  • Unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute
  • Turn on the headset

Do let us know how you get on.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by emboze7

Hello, 

Thanks for reaching out. I would love to do what I can to help. 

Does this occur with a Bluetooth connection as well as a cabled connection to your MacBook?

I would also suggest rebooting your computer as well as your headphones. Instruction on how to do this can be found below.

• Turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds
  • Plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds
  • Unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute
  • Turn on the headset

Do let us know how you get on.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 27, 2020

Hi,

The rebooting of the headphones did the trick—thanks!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 26, 2020

No luck. Tried multiple times rebooting Mac and Headphones as per suggestion. They work fine when wired to Mac, and Bluetoothed to iPhone, so this issue of no sound from one side is probably a software issue related to Bluetooth-to-Mac. Suggestions please?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 26, 2020

Solved!

Found this fix from 3 years ago. Switching headphones to Bluetooth send the audio to one side only! Needs a fix.

https://community.bose.com/t5/Headphones-Archive/QC35-right-ear-quieter-than-left/td-p/92053