BZee
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 8, 2019

Re: QC35 Terrible Bluetooth Connection with MacBook Pro

SUCCESS!!!!!!!

I've had the same issue for many months and after spending some time playing with my settings (again), I now have the solution.  This worked on my MacBook Pro - can't comment about windows laptops, but it may be related to something similar. 

Do this:

Turn off your dictation function! 

For me, it was a double-tap of the "fn" key.  Otherwise, SystemPrefernces -> Keyboard -> Dictation.

After turning off the Dictation on my MacBook, this "white noise" sound went away completely and the sound now sounds like it does through my iPhone. 

Hello BZee, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forms. 

I am so glad that you have found a solution that works for you and would like to thank you for sharing the details. 

If any other users have success with these steps we would love to hear from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Highlighted
pmlcmda
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 20, 2018

Thank you for sharing your solution! It's awesome that it works for you. Glad to hear someone can enjoy their pair. 
Unfortunately for me I already had dictation off and the sound remains terrible 🤷🏻‍♀️
This are now the backpack headphones I use when I ran out on my other pair. As useful as a 20€ pair from Amazon would be. 

Hello Pmlcmda, 

Thanks for reaching out. 

I am so sorry to hear that you are still having issues. Please, can you confirm if you have tried the steps mentioned in this thread? If so please let me know which ones so that we do not duplicate things? 

I look forward to your response. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

pmlcmda
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 20, 2018

Hello Vicky!

I've tried all the steps mentioned in this thread and all others I've seen on other topics related to this quality issue between QC35 and Macs.

Nothing solved it unfortunately. In the mean time, my warranty has expired already, and since the only solution Bose suppoet provided me was to try to contact my local seller and I can't do that without a valid warranty, I've given up on this topic.

But I appreciate your attention to the topic and you trying to help.

But if you have any other solution other than bringing the headphones to the store, please let me know, hopefully you can help me or someone else.

Thanks,

Paula

Hi Paula, 

Thanks for coming back to us! 

I'm sorry to hear that the troubleshooting has been unsuccessful. 

I would recommend making sure that you're not connecting to the 'LE' version of the headset. To make sure, clear the paired devices on your headset and the MacBook Pro, then connecting as a new connection. 

Make sure the Firmware is also up to date click the LINK HERE and follow the onscreen instructions. 

Could you tell me which region you are based? 

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Kindest,

Jessie O 

pmlcmda
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 20, 2018

Hey Jessie,

I have the latest firmware available (3.0.3 with the latest voice prompts), and I've cleared my paring list on all my devices multiple times.

I'm from Portugal, there isn't a great Bose support around here unfortunately...

Thanks for the suggestions.

Paula

Hi Paula, 

Thanks for coming back to me.

I'm sorry I couldn't assist you more. I would recommend getting back in contact with support in Portugal. I know you mentioned that you are out of warranty, however, they should still have some great out of warranty options for you.

If there is anything else we can do for you please reach out again. 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

StephenN
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 13, 2019

Hi Bose team and community,

I'm struggling with a similar issue. My situation: my 2017 MBP can no longer see or connect to my Bose QC 35ii.

Specs:

• 2017 MBP, macOS Mojave 10.14.6 (no updates available)
  • Bose QC 35 ii, manufactured 22 July 2017, firmware 4.5.2 (no updates available)
  • Region: I live in Europe, but both products were purchased in the US

What have I tried already?

• Entirely cleared Bluetooth device lists: MBP and QC35
  • Rebooted both devices
  • Updated firmware on QC35
  • Turned off dictation on MBP
  • Removed and re-added com.apple.BluetoothFileExchange.plist

When the problem started last week, I was having trouble to stay connected. The MBP would randomly drop the sound, so I removed the device, hoping to re-add it. Now the MBP cannot even see the QC35, meanwhile I'm able to add the QC35 to other devices (iPhone).

Suggestions, please? 

in joy -

- Stephen

venko
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 21, 2019

Hello, here is the solution for Mac users.

There is no issue with the Mojave or the firmware of Bose.

The issue is that once you play with the dictation mode (which require mic to be on always) the microphone input stays ON.

Thus when you connect your Bose QC 35 the Mac OS automatically starts to keep the integrated microphone busy.

Solution - connect your Bose. Go to Settings->Sound->Input. There you should select "Internal Microphone" or something else different than your Bose QC 35.

After this - the sound is great as expected from Bose.

Cheers everyone and happy listening (of Pink Floyd) :)))