Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 25, 2019

Re: QC35 Terrible Bluetooth Connection with MacBook Pro

Thank you so much for posting this solution, Venko! I just bought my QC 35s last week, and couldn't figure out why I was having such poor sound quality when pairing with my Mac. This solution worked like a charm!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 23, 2019

I used to solve this problem in this way but now it doesn't work. I've changed my MacBook pro (mid2015) for (2019). This is awful. Sound Cancellation doesn't even work.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 3, 2019

I have had the exact same issue but it was solved when I upgraded my OS to Catalina.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 2, 2020

This works, but it's clunky and not what you'd expect from a relatively expensive product (and you won't be able to use the mic to i.e. do calls). Also it's a bit 'hacky' and you never know what a new update will do. It would be better if they'd work out of the box.

Anyways:

• Go to the Audio Devices Audio MIDI Setup.app (use spotlight search)
  • Click + in the bottom corner
  • Make a new aggregate device and set Built-in Microphone as the only source (input). Don't set any other devices here
  • Set this as the default device (right click and set 'Use this device for sound input')

For some reason, this will make the internal mic the default input always. And the beeping and extermely poor sound quality + hearing your own keys click through the headset are gone.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 17, 2020

Amazing that fixed my problem by going to audio midi setup!! THank you 🙂

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 18, 2020

EUREKA!!!

I have found another solution!!!

This horrible white noise went away by removing the Apple's magic Trackpad from the bluetooth devices. The audio quality immediately became perfect. The funny thing is that I sold the trackpad months ago, however, it remained among the bluetooth devices. Turning off the dictation hadn't worked with me because it was already off. I hope this information can help someone.
Sorry for my English I am not a native speaker.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 29, 2020

I literally just made an account to say thank you sooooooooo much, i was honestly so so so close to snapping my headphones. Had a **bleep** day, phones broken while im in quarantine and all i wanted was to watch series on my mac. Thanks again xxxxxxx Hope you dont get Corona 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 1, 2020

Hi, 

So I am a graduate student and due to COVID-19 and having to do school from home, I thought buying noise cancelling headphones would be a great idea. I have had the QC 35 II headphones for maybe two to two and half weeks. I have done nothing new to my computer. No updates. Nothing. It has been the same this whole time. On Monday, while trying to use Zoom for my school, the headphones would not pair to my Mac. I have restarted my Mac, I have looked through the forums and have tried restarting my headphones using the technique Bose employees provide... still nothing. It connects and then mentions the battery percentage, 5 minutes later disconnects and mentions the battery percentage, then immediately reconnects. It is EXTREMELY frustrating having spent so much money for headphones to not work appropriately. The interruption from the headphones is distracting and not going to work for me and my schooling. Hopefully, someone on here can help and if not come Monday I am returning them and getting Sony headphones. 

Thanks. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 3, 2020

I registered only because I found this topic and saw that people blame Bose for the bad sound quality on macbook pros.

Guys, this is not Bose's fault. Any bluetooth headphones or headsets with a mic will have the same bad quality with any macbook pro.

The explanation is quite simple: it is all about channels. Stereo headset + a mic makes three channels. Your android phone supports three. Your iPhone supports three. Macbook supports only two. So two provide stereo sound + mic, macbook pro will seriously limit mic sound quality to make sure that your hear good sound.

I repeat: the problem is the same with wireless Bose, Sony, Jabra, Plantronics, etc. I have a lot of them in house. 

If you have airPods, try using one of them + its mic, you will see that sound quality will be great.

If you want to have a good mic quality with a macbook, you can either use external mic, or a built-mic, or use Audio MIDI setup to change output for your bluetooth device (any device!!!) to 16000Hz 1 channel mono for input and the same for the output. You will loose stereo but mic quality will be great.

It is a limitation of a macbook pro, which is known for many many years. Bug reports were sent to Apple but Apple simply does not care.

Don't blame Bose. It is not their bug.

By the way, if you have a wireless headset with a proprietary external radio adapter, it will provide you excellent stereo and mic with macbook pro. Even if it is a proprietary bluetooth adapter.

The problem is Bluetooth implementation in macbook pros.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 7, 2020

I've lately been experiencing periodic audio dropouts for between 1-3 seconds while watching videos on my MacBook Pro (running Mojave 10.14.6) with my QC35 series I headphones in wireless mode. Does anyone have similar experience and, hopefully, a way to prevent this from happening?