BoseQC35AreStuttering
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 6, 2018

Re: QC35 Terrible Bluetooth Connection with MacBook Pro

Hi,

as i already stated, the issue for me is not timely correlated with the Mojave update. It occured after updating to the lastest firmware, and immediately after that. I find it therefor highly unlikely that the issue i am seeing is caused by Mojave (alone) as it was working flawlessly before with the older firmware. 

Matu100
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 13, 2018

Hi, same experience here. As soon as I updated to 2.5.3 problems started (well... have had my share of connectivity issues with QC35 - as much that these are definitely the last pair of Bose ever for me). I use video conferencing a lot, and immediately after uploading 2.5.3 to my headset the sound went nuts. I have 2 Macbook pro's which I've used - one 13" (early 2017 macbook pro, with mojave) and another one 15" (late 2013 macbook pro, with HighSierra), and they BOTH have the same issue!!! Bluetooth pairing sucks - on both macs - it either finds the connection, or doesn't... there is no way to tell in advance. Sound has tendency to start cutting off, or it changes to "R2D2-mode"... etc. 

I will not start witch-hunting and aligning my macs to sun&moon and resetting all the bells & whistles... I'd really much appreciate the possibility to roll back to previous firmware versions.

giogal85
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 23, 2019

I had an issue with noise quality on my QC35 ii's and macbook pro. The issue ended up being the default audio input settings. The QC35's/mac would default to the QC35 microphone being the input. You can check this by going to system preferences -> sound -> input. The sound input should be your computers microphone nstead of your headphones. I'm not sure if the issue is that the QC35's can't do proper noise cancelling when the microphone is on or if the issue is that the macbook is "always" listening to the headphone mic. But this would cause my audio so sound "tinny" and any exterior noise seemed to be amplified. And unfortunately, you have to do this everytime to reconnect your headphones,

The other problem I have and cannot resolve is that the macbook seems to take over the QC35's. Usually when I am paired to two devices, I hear sound from the last device that started outputting music. With the mac, this is not the case. No other paired device can play music. Hence, I'm thinking that both the "constant on mic" and "master take over of the audio" seem to be macIOS issues/bugs/nuisances. 

joshwozny@gmail.com
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 8, 2017

My QC35's work pretty well with my MacBook Pro, most of the time. Unfortunately, I can't get them to work well with my iPhone XS Max - and if I can get them to work there, then I lose audio on my MacBook. 

Pretty frustrating.

calvados.boulard
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 25, 2017

I have the same experience but on a windows 10 machine.  It has been super frustrating to have solid performance on all my mobile devices/tablets, but not be able to listen on my laptop.  Yoga 2 pro running win 10 pro.

Hello giogal85! Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. 

Thanks very much for sharing your thoughts! There do seem to be some challenges when connecting to PC's, whether Mac or Windows. Here is a post that may prove useful when troubleshooting the Bluetooth connection. You might also reach out to Apple or Microsoft to see if they are able to offer additional information or assistance. 

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

eRo
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 28, 2019

Thanks Giogal85! Your fix worked for all my bluetooth problems (speaker and Bose sounding tinny) with switching the input to internal mic and then switching to Output screen (needed to activate the Input change). 

Thanks!

calvados.boulard
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 25, 2017

Still no dice for me.  Followed all the suggestions at the provided link 2 post above, as well as the suggstion from another member above.  Nothing seems to have any impact.  The Bose are unusalbe on a win 10 machine in this state.

I've never had as much trouble with a single product as I have with Bose headphones.  If only another manufacturer was as comfy...That's the ONLY thing keeping me with Bose at the moment.  Given the number of hours spent troubleshooting, forum posting and reading I have done to try to solve the issues that keep coming up again and again...I should have just bit the bullet and bailed long ago.

Will anybody look into this and provide a solution?  Didn't happen with any of the other issues, so I'm not holding my breath on this one either.

Somebody prove me wrong?

Hello calvados.boulard,

I am sorry to hear that you are having this experience! From personal experience, I am surprised to hear about Bluetooth issues with the QC35 and Windows 10 as I use them virtually everyday streaming Spotify on my Win 10 laptop without a problem. Is your experience that you are unable to connect or the quality of the connection? In either of those cases, it may be related to your hardware and refreshing the connection may help.

To refresh slide and hold the power switch to the right for 10 seconds or until you hear the voice prompt say "Bluetooth device list cleared". Then clear the headphones from your computer's Bluetooth list. Pair again and test for function.

I hope this helps! 

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

calvados.boulard
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 25, 2017

Hi Greg,

Thanks for your reply.  It is the quality of the audio.  Auto stutters, and it is unusable.  I have reported this problem before, but Bose keeps washing their hands of it. I am not alone.  I have found countless threads out there of others having the same issue.  

I have tried all suggestions put forward to no avail.  I have cleared the pairing list, I have re-flashed the firmware, I have upgraded the firmware, I have downgraded the firmware, windows is up todate, bluetooth drivers are up to date.  I have ensure no other applications are running such that there is an abundace of available CPU, ram, and network resources available.  Still nothing.  Other bluetooth headphones do not have this issue with my win 10 laptop...never have.  Only the Bose QC35IIs, and they experience the issue every time.

Please advise,

Cal.