Participant
Registered since

Sep 16, 2019

QC35 battery drain when off

Dear Bose,

I bought QC35 about two years ago.

I do not know when this started... My QC35 loses battery even while it is OFF, like 10% a day.

So when I turn it on Friday (I use it on Friday only), the voice indicator says only 10 to 20% battery remains.

I combed all over the web for solutions but nothing worked.

- I updated firmware to the latest version.

- I rebooted the headphone following the instruction found on this forum.

- I cleared BT devices registered to the headphone.

Nothing worked, and this was really frustrating because the total time I used the headphone is just tens of hours.

As the last resort, I contacted Bose’s South Korean agency. After listening to my explanation, they told me that the problem might be a hardware issue and fix(=exchange) would charge me KRW 370,000 which is roughly USD 310.

Considering nearby Costco sells a brand new QC35 for only KRW 330,000, this is a ridiculous policy.

Dear Bose, do I have to pay KRW 370,000 for fix, really?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: QC35 battery drain when off

Hello Genio, 

Thanks for reaching out to the Bose Community. Welcome to the site. 

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your QC35 headphones.

I understand you have already reached out to support in your country, and they have suggested an exchange. There is unfortunately little we can do than to recommend you reach out to them if you wish to seek service. Our products come with a one or two year warranty depending on your region, and should an issue occur with a set of headphones within warranty, this will be handled based on local support's policy, typically this will be a free of charge replacement. Outside of the warranty, generally, the replacement can still be issued at a reduced cost from the original R.R.P. 

South Korea, is outside of our remit for support, and are handled by an authorized third party, so I cannot comment on how service/replacement costs are calculated, but to discuss this further, I would recommend getting back in touch with South Korea Bose Support. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

May 20, 2020

I have this same issue: Bose QC 35 II loses about 20% of battery level per day, when not in use. Manufacture date is November 2017.

Hello tjsr, 

Welcome to the Community. Thanks for joining the discussion.

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your headphones. 

Have you tried any troubleshooting in an attempt to resolve this? If not, I'd recommend trying the following: 

Reset your product:

Product settings are retained during this reset.

1. Power off your product
  2. Wait 30 seconds
  3. Connect your product to a wall outlet using a USB charger
  4. Wait five seconds
  5. Disconnect the USB cable from the headset
  6. Wait one minute
  7. Power on your product.

If the issue continues, visit this link on a computer to check for firmware updates.

If the problem continues, please reach out to local support in your region to discuss service here.

Thanks!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@GenioIs your QC35 a "i" or "ii".  If it is a QC35i, then it may be having a known hardware problem where the on/off switch contacts slip and cause the QC35i to turn on even when the switch s off.  If this is your situation, there are many posts on this topic elsewhere in this community.  Bottom line is there is no workaround.  You have two options - fix it yourself with instructions you can find via Google or call Bose and convince them to exchange the unit at NO cost even out of warranty.  Those who have been persistent, call back, escalate, etc. have reported here that eventually they get a free exchange.