jacwegen
Participant
Registered since

Aug 11, 2019

QC35, bluetooth connected but no sound anymore

Left several messages through the support channel, but no reply whatsoever. Therefore my post at this community:

Since many years I am a loyal and happy user of Bose's headphones. Currently I use the QC35 that I bought approximately two years back. This headphone always worked like a charm up till last Sunday. Saturday night I had a complete working headphone. Sunday morning it all of a sudden stopped working through the bluetooth connection. The headphone still works correctly through the cable.

Situation:
Firmware 3.0.3
Bose Connect App Version 8.1.1

1. QC35 does connect to iPhone/Ipad and MacOS and is visible in the Bose Connect App
2. But, while connecting /connected no voice or sound is heard. Even 'voice prompts' are not heard. 

What have I done so far:

1. According to your support page I have tried to reset the headphone several times
2. I have removed the devices from the bluetooth device list several times
3. In one of the support forums, it was suggested to entirely drain the battery and recharge again. Therefore I drained the battery, but that is also not working. 

All of the above has not offered a resolution for my problem. I am unfortunately getting frustrated now especially taken the price of the headphone into account.

Could somebody please reply to my issue. Help would be much appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Liam_W
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Re: QC35, bluetooth connected but no sound anymore

Hi there @jacwegen and welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm sorry to hear that you've had difficulties reaching Bose Support in The Netherlands, and of the difficulties you've had with your QC35 headset. I would be happy to follow up with you where possible!

Thank you for the steps you have already attempted here regarding Clearing the Bluetooth list, resetting the headphones, and completely clearing the battery here.

Following this, I would suggest that you perform a manual update to the headset. This would be done by connecting this to a computer/laptop via the USB-A-->Micro-B cable, and downloading the updates manually from our updater website

If you have performed the manual updates and are still not able to play correctly, or if this was already confirmed to be fully up to date, I would suggest that you try this with a different Bluetooth device (such as the computer/laptop you used to update this if they have a Bluetooth chip) and confirm if you're having the same issue there.

I look forward to your response!

Liam W - Community Support

nirothegreat
Participant
Registered since

Jul 12, 2020

QC35 Switches on Bluetooth Connected but no sound

Hi

QC 35 about 9 month old. All of a sudden lost hearing . Now when i switch it on i dont hear a anything not even the battery life status or connection status. However i do hear a ticking sound very faintly

. Tried the power cycle option ..No Luck

Thanks

Hoang Thi Tu Anh
Participant
Registered since

Aug 15, 2020

QC35 Switches on Bluetooth Connected but no sound

Hello: My name is Anh

I have QC35II bought 10 months ago. it is great sound and i really like it but this time it have issues.

It connected to my iphone, macbook but not sound, i trying to update software and factory reset many time but it is still. I dont  know how to fix it. Can you help me?