Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 8, 2019

QC35 buttons don't work without bluetooth

The buttons on my new QC35 series 2 headphones don't work unless I'm connected to bluetooth. When I plug them into my android phone with the 3.5mm cable, they play sound correctly, however, none of the buttons do anything unless I connect to bluetooth and play wirelessly. I have updated to the lateset firmware.

Is this the intended behaviour? I am used to the QC25 where the in-line controls can be used to adjust the volume and play tracks etc.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: QC35 buttons don't work without bluetooth

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Tegan_M

Hi Question2019, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

This is the intended behavior of the headphones. This is because the controls are directly on the headset rather than the in-line remote on the cable. You could use the cable from your QC25's this should give you control on the cable with your device. 

I hope this helps! If you have any further questions do not hesitate to reach out to us again! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: QC35 buttons don't work without bluetooth

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Tegan_M

Hi Question2019, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

This is the intended behavior of the headphones. This is because the controls are directly on the headset rather than the in-line remote on the cable. You could use the cable from your QC25's this should give you control on the cable with your device. 

I hope this helps! If you have any further questions do not hesitate to reach out to us again! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post