Highlighted
sgandini
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 13, 2017

QC35 connect app in windows

Hi,

I have a QC35 and i saw that the connect app is only available to Apple and Android.

Which is the alternative to do the same in a windows notebook or Windows phone?

Thanks in advance.

25 REPLIES 25

Re: QC35 connect app in windows

sgandini,

Thanks for the great question. Unfortunately, there is no Bose connect app available on computers or the windows phone. There is the Bose updater you can use to keep your QC35 updated. Click HERE for more information.

Hope his helps

Tony

uBuntu
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 19, 2017

Hi Team BOSE,

my QC35 do connect to Windows PC via bluetooth.
Still, QC35 is not being recognized as headphone/speaker, which is probably why they can't be used as audio-output-device.
Any solution for this issue?

Regards
T.

MacElster
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 14, 2017

Are there any plans in the works to release a windows store app or win32 bose connect-like application so I can program the action button?  I'd really like to either hook it up to cortana or make it a phone pick-up..   I guess I'm just a little surprised that a $350 pair of headphones doesn't have programmability support for windows...

Is there an API exposed or similar that I can use to write something to make it work the way I want??

MacElster,

Thank you for joining the community and for your inquiry.  As far as I am aware the answer is no, however, I will happily pass this along to our team for you as a feature request.

I hope you have a great day and come by anytime with questions or comments,

Shiloh_C 

Katebird1
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 2, 2018

Hi Bose, 

You're probably already aware that as of last May, Windows 10 has been installed on 500 million devices in Australia. I think you'll agree that this is a significant usage in the Australian market and as such I find it surprising that Bose, a brand that positions itself as best in market technology (with a price point to match), would ignore such an opportunity to extend its current customers needs, by encouraging usage not just in transit with mobile devices, but also whilst stationary in front of a Windows 10 machine as well. 

I may have got this wrong in which case please point me in the direction of the Windows 10 app to install on my device. Or you may be in the process of developing something compatible with Windows 10. In which case, I'd love for you to reach out and help me understand what your future plans are for product development and extensibility and when we can expect this software release. 

Many thanks, Kate 

Proud owner of the bluetooth headset QC35

jorgefdz
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

It would be great to have an app for windows pc so you can share audio with the headphones as you do it qith the app on iphone

Raynorfan
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 16, 2018

So is this correct - I cannot use the $350 QCII Headphone with a Windows PC??

Please tell me this isn't rue. Trying to connect these and having no luck.

DurtyKurty
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 19, 2018

No, You can still use your headphones like you would any other bluetooth device. You don't need the Bose Connect app to connect your headphones to your device, the app is just there to make the process go more smoothly since bluetooth can be a hassle sometimes. For computers though, just connect it normally. It works fine on my Windows Desktop with a bluetooth dongle, since i didn't add bluetooth to my computer when I was building it. And it also works fine on my Mac.

AdasOsorus
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 20, 2018

Good day all,

I which to share my experience to help other people, so take 2 minutes to read it…

I got some « limitations » with Windows 10 on two different machines:

a) The first one is an Acer-Aspire Laptop, which have already an onboard Bluetooth device (Qualcomm Atheros Communications chips, Bluetooth v4.1),

b) The second is a Desktop (Asus motherboard 170-A) which I have to add a Bluetooth adapters (Bluetooth v4.0, LMP 6.1[http://www.bluetoothandusb3.com/how-to-confirm-bluetooth-version-of-computer]).

First of all, the two of them were able to connect to Bose Quietcomfort 30 as a new audio device, but:

a) Acer Laptop wasn’t able to use the Quietcomfort 30 as “Playback Device” and “Record Device”; which is quit useful for Skype Call,

b) Desktop was able to connect as “Playback Device” and “Record Device”, but sound was “choppy” and not very good; I tried two different adapters (which are quiet old).

I ordered a new adapter on Amazon (Bluetooth v4.0 (LMP 6.8891  (https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B075GKYYHP/ref=pe_3034960_233709270_TE_item ) and with it, I was able to use my Bose Quietcomfort 30 as “Playback Device” and “Record Device” with almost a perfect sound quality on the two systems listed above.

In bonus, I am able to connect in the same time my HTC U11 phone (Android Oreo v8.0, Bluetooth v5.0) with the Acer Laptop; I can listen my MP3 from my computer and answer my phone in the same time… Bonus x2, Bose HeadPhone place WinAmp in “Pause Mode” when I receive a phone call… Awesome!

Congratulation to Bose Engineering Team!

Regards,

Eric G.