Keely
Participant
Registered since

Dec 25, 2019

Re: QC35 connect app in windows

Can you connect them to your phone, remap your keys, and then connect to windows 10 and have the mapping hold?...just curious.

Zayzor
Participant
Registered since

Feb 3, 2020

So whenever I use my Bose headphones, I can't switch the mode for noise cancellation on windows, is there anyway i can do it without the app?

Saulhill
Participant
Registered since

Feb 15, 2020

It really would be great to connect to my Win10 machine - otherwise these headphones are outstanding.

DHILLON
Participant
Registered since

May 26, 2020

Hello All,

I have been able to connect with windows 10. Once you can connect to your Laptop, Please go to your Volume Button and above it displays the speakers being used. Please click on that and choose the option for the Bose QC 35 II Hands Free VS Bose QC 35 II Stereo. This changed allowed me to use it for Skype and making Calls. 

You could also go to your Sound settings to do the same. 

Under PLAYBACK - Choose Bose QC 35 II Hands Free

Under RECORDING - Choose Bose QC 35 II Hands Free

**One thing to note - Normally you can connect with 2 devices but this works best on PC if you are only connected to PC. I went on the Phone Bose connect App and once connected to my Laptop, chose to disconnect from my phone.  

Hope this help other users as these days working from home this was very helpful. Cheers!

Tony MA
Participant
Registered since

Jul 28, 2020

There is no app, because you don't need an app. If your PC does not have bluetooth, get a bluetooth adapter, if it does, disconnect the headphones from your phone, put them into pairing mode and start the bluetooth set up via Windows, let it configure them and set them as both music and voice, once fully done, you can connect them to your phone too. If it is already connected to a bluetooth device and you try to connect them to the PC, it will find them but mix things up and either microphone will not work or whatever. If am using QC 35 II on a windows 10 laptop and an Android phone at the same time. As for the action button, it is intended more to be used with a personal assistant like Google or Alexa, on PCs you already have the keyboard to do all of that so no need for a button.

karthikd101
Participant
Registered since

Aug 2, 2020

I think this issue needs to be fixed on priority.

Everytime the noise cancellation is set to high when we turn on the headphone
and we have to go to the phone app to change it.

I think the device should remember the last cancellation setting and power up with
that the next time. 

So many people will be relieved to have this implemented in the QC II for the kind of money
we have paid for this device.

anna_smith
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 5, 2020

Same issue here - I followed ALL the steps I could find in the forum - nought. Can you please help me connect the QC35ii to my second device, i.e. a laptop? It had been connected before until I had to disconnect it when using a rental car. After this nothing was ever the same. I updated the software, the driver, rebooted the device, cleared the BT list, disconnected it from any other device and turned BT off on all other devices - NOTHING. This has cost me half a day and I'm really annoyed by now. At this price, this should not be happening. Especially since it worked before.

Montazona Mimi
Participant
Registered since

Sep 23, 2020

So wold this would explain why I am unable to connect my Bose QC35 wirelessly to my PC?  Although it can pair it, it will not play through the PC.  Am I correct?

joelirwin
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@Montazona Mimi @anna_smith 
Doing BT with a windows machine is very 'finicky'.  People here assume that if you can't connect that the 'issue' is with the QC35ii.  Remember that Bluetooth (BT) is a two way communication and that both sides have to work for it to work.  So if you can not connect or connect and nothing can be heard, do not necessarily assume it is the Bose.

I have seen 'problems' on my Dell Windows Precision M4800 laptop constantly.  Here is some stuff to consider.

1. First, if you connect to a device starting in "LE-" and not the one without the LE, it will not work.  LE is the part of the QC35 which communicates with Bluetooth Low energy (LE) devices and sound is not part of that communication

2. If your QC35 connects but doesn't play, look at your 'services' - one is for voice over IP (VOIP) and often shows up as a headset. It uses the "HFP" profile.  The other which is used for stereo streaming uses the "A2DS" profile.  Each has a service.  If the stereo device is 'gray'd out in the playable devices (win 7) or does not show up in the output devices (win 10), then the A2DS service has not been successfully run and you won't be able to hear anything stereo until it runs.
3. Even with everything above, sometimes I can't get my QC35ii to play usic via BT from my laptop.  So next step is to uninstall the BT drivers and reinstall the latest (or earlier version) of the drivers from the vendor of the hardware.  In my case, the vendor was Intel - not Dell - and the drivers come from Intel and not Dell's site.  Even then it may not work and that is what happened to me this morning.  In that case, I disable the internal BT device and go with a USB Dongle - in my case I use an SMK Nano dongle with the CSR drivers.  Any of the dongles (typically under $25) with CSR drivers will work.  That is how I got to my QC35 to work today - music now plays fine both standalone and inside Zoom.

So bottom line is you probably did everything you could do on the Bose end - now its time to work the issue from the computer end.

anna_smith
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 5, 2020

Dear community,

thanks for trying to help.

In the end I spent a significant amount of time with the phone helpline, and the friendly person there also decided it had to be the headphones. It was NOT my PC, which is fairly new and of very good quality: in the end BOSE kindly replaced the headphones, and - hey presto - the connection with all of my devices works again.

So basically the headphones were just fried.

I'm enjoying the new ones.

Kind regards,

a.s.