Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gsgordon
Participant
Registered since

May 29, 2020

QC35 connecting to multiple devices - PC and iphone

I didn't realize when I purchased these recently that it would be a hassle to switch devices between the iphone and the pc. From what I can tell, I have to completely remove the bluetooth connection to the headphones from one device before I can connect it with the other device.

Is there any easy workaround this? It's a real nuisance, as my need for the headphones goes between these two frequently.

I know already that there's no Bose Connect on Windows.

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Morlock
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: QC35 connecting to multiple devices - PC and iphone

You shouldn't have that hassel, but I've sometimes seen issues depending on the PC settings.

The headphones remember the last 8 devices it's connected to and should automatically connect to the last 2 devices that are in range.  Best thing is to wear them when you turn them on and you should find out what two devices it's connected to.  To switch between the 8 stored devices you flick the on/off switch into the third position (move it up and it will rebound into the on position) and you'll hear it try to connect to a previous device.

The idea is you can be watching a video on your ipad, and if your phone rings, you can just answer without switching.  It will pause the video while you're on the call and resume when you hang up.

A couple of tips:

to switch between the two connected devices you just pause and sound on the phone, and play sound on the pc or vice-versa.  If it's already playing I don't think it switches to teh second source.

If you have multiple devices in range it may be best to use the app to select which two are connected.