giallopudding
Participant
Registered since

Apr 8, 2021

QC35 headphones magically turning on - reset didn't work

Considering the cost of these headphones, and my infrequent use of them, the fact that they unpredictably power on by themselves, running the battery down, is maddening. I turned these things off four times today, recharging if they drained all the way down. I thought Bose products were the best, but now I am losing confidence. I can't get through to any support on Bose website using Chrome browser. What's going on with Bose?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
joelirwin
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Re: QC35 headphones magically turning on - reset didn't work

Author Accepted Answer selected by giallopudding

@giallopudding(I do not work for Bose)

Nothing 'magic' about this... 🙂   It is a 2+ year known problem for which there is NO workaround.  It is a hardware (not firmware) issue - the contacts in the on/off switch are slipping.  You can look here (or elsewhere) for instructions on how to fix it yourself.  OR you can call Bose and convince them that your headphones are part of a large class of malfunctioning switch units.  They will offer an exchange for a price (since you are out of warranty).  You can accept or not as you wish.  However, many here have reported calling back repeatedly and escalating perhaps many times.  Eventually, they will get a representative that is willing to give a free exchange 'this one time'.

These are your only two options other than selling them or living with the issue.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Jessie_O

Hey @giallopudding

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Communtiy! 

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue and I will do all I can to assist you! 

If you wish to contact your local support, click the LINK HERE, select your country and scroll down to 'Contact Us'. We will do all we can to assist you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
joelirwin
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Author Accepted Answer selected by giallopudding

@giallopudding(I do not work for Bose)

Nothing 'magic' about this... 🙂   It is a 2+ year known problem for which there is NO workaround.  It is a hardware (not firmware) issue - the contacts in the on/off switch are slipping.  You can look here (or elsewhere) for instructions on how to fix it yourself.  OR you can call Bose and convince them that your headphones are part of a large class of malfunctioning switch units.  They will offer an exchange for a price (since you are out of warranty).  You can accept or not as you wish.  However, many here have reported calling back repeatedly and escalating perhaps many times.  Eventually, they will get a representative that is willing to give a free exchange 'this one time'.

These are your only two options other than selling them or living with the issue.

View solution in original post

giallopudding
Participant
Registered since

Apr 8, 2021

Thanks a million for giving me the facts. Maybe I'll try my luck with Bose and see if they are still offering that one-time satisfaction.