berksgr
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 10, 2019

QC35 ii & iOS 13 = bluetooth audio lag

Since going to the dreadful iOS 13 I now have big bluetooth audio lag with the iPad Pro & iPhone - anyone else the same ?

When paired with a MBP it's fine.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: QC35 ii & iOS 13 = bluetooth audio lag

Hello berksgr,

Thanks for reaching out to the community, I am very sorry to hear that you are experience this audio lag. I would love to do what I can to assist you with this. 

Can you provide me with a little extra information regarding what you are experiencing. What are you listening to when you experience this? Are you watching video whilst experiencing this lag?

I would firstly suggest performing a reset of your headphones. Instruction on how to do this can be found below.

• Turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds
  • Plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds
  • Unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute
  • Turn on the headset

I would also continue to reboot your mobile device also. 

Please let us know if this provides any improvements. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@berksgr 

Perhaps you should say what iPhone streaming app is having the audio lag and we can try it ourselves.  Also let us know which iPhone you have.

I have an iPhone 7+ hand have gone through all three iOS 13 upgrades - currently on 13.1.2.  I just tried the Xfinity streaming app and paid particular attention to the boradcaster's lips on CNN and they were in sync.  I next went to Youtube and checked the lips again and they were in sync.  Finally I tried videos that I had stored locally on my iPhone and played them with the VLC app.  Again, perfectly sync'd lip movement.

So its not imho a 'global issue' with all iPhones and all apps.

Highlighted
berksgr
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 10, 2019

iPhone 11 Pro

iTunes Store file, Youtube app

Rebooted phone and headphones - no difference

Thanks

Highlighted
joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@berksgr 

Interesting.... I used youtube on my home wifi with no problem in sync'ing at all.  Gotta be a difference somewhere - perhaps the iPhone 11 Pro or your Internet service.  I did not try 4G and I use AT&T for my phone.  My modem/router runs an Xfinity  1 Gbps Internet connection that I just speedtested at 510 Mbps (that is during the day - in the evenings it is closer to 250 Mbps).  My 4G connection tests around 12 Mbps during the day and 5 Mbps in the evening.  I have not looked at sync'ing on LTE.  Perhaps that has something to do with it - assuming you completed restarted/rebooted/cleared everything.

Highlighted
berksgr
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 10, 2019

No the audio is fine and in sync through the iPad or iPhone speakers.

Also Airpods are fine and the QC35 ii are fine with a MBP

There appears something incompatible between iOS 13 & my QC35 ii

Highlighted
joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@berksgrAgain, I have ios 13 and QC35ii and have no issue.  You may want to see if other iPhone 11 users are having a problem.  Otherwise, it may be your specific QC35ii (though I doubt it personally 🙂 ).

It is correct to assume that your phone and/or QC35ii are involved but you have not presented yet sufficient information to explain why you are having sync issues and for example I am not.

Perhaps give us a bit more idea of how much it is out of sync.  Are you judging based on lip movement or something else, for example.