Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

QC35 ii battery drain while off

I have brand new QC35ii headphones and when I turn them off (they do turn off: not warm, no light, no ANC, no sounds etc') the battery drains as so:
From a full charge it can take 3-4 days to drain while off.
From anywhere under 40% at the end of an office work day, the next morning they are dead.

It is not good for the battery to have to be charging every time I want to use it

I have no "local Bose support" in my country (Portugal) 

What can i do?

Thank you

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted

Re: QC35 ii battery drain while off

Hello Jave085,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums.

Could you please try the following steps to resolve this issue and let me know how you get on?

• Go to btu.bose.com on a computer and update your headphones software.
  • Perform a product reset, to do this, turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds and then plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds. After that unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute once you have completed this turn the headset back on.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

Thanks for the help.
I will try this and give some feedback in couple days. 

Thank you

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

Hi. Thanks again for the help.

I did the update and it went well.

I tried to reset it 3 times and I think it did not. My device was still saved.

The problem continues. They continue to lose 10% -20% of battery per day without connecting them.

Highlighted

Hello Jave085, 

I'm sorry to hear you are still experiencing battery drain on your headphones. 

Can you please try to fully unpair the headphones from all devices then repeat the test to see if the drain still occurs? 

To clear paired devices, hold the power switch over to the Bluetooth mode for around 10 seconds or until you hear the headphones announce that the pairing list has been cleared. 

Please let me know how you get on. 

Kindest,

Jeff

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

Hello. Thanks again for your help.
But unfortunately the problem continues.
I bought two at the same time and this is the only one with this problem.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Hello @Jave085 and thank you for getting back to us.

I'm sorry to hear that your issue is persisting here. As the troubleshooting has not been successful, and this is only happening to 1 headset, I would advise that you get this headset exchanged. This can be done by returning this to the original store if bought within their return period, or by getting in contact with Bose Support in your country/region.

You can get in touch by selecting your country/region, then navigating to "Contact Us" at the bottom of the following page.

I hope this helps, and please let us know how this goes!

Liam W 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

I made the purchase in China. but I am from Portugal. The time has also passed for the exchange. I bought it about a month ago. In contacts I have no support in Portugal. what can I do ?

Thank you 

Highlighted

Hello Jave085, 

Support for Portugal can be found here.

Kind regards, 

Jeff G

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 18, 2019

Hi Jeff, 

I have seen numerous such problem in the forum, and NONE of them have been solved (The eventual solution is always to go to a support centre). Just name a few,

https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/QuietComfort-35-II-Battery-Drains-quickly-whe...

https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/QC35-ii-battery-drain-while-off/td-p/221897

https://community.bose.com/t5/Headphones-Archive/Bose-QuietComfort-35-Series-II-battery-draining-whe...

https://community.bose.com/t5/Headphones-Archive/QC35-ii-battery-drain-while-off/td-p/111344

https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/QC35-battery-drain-when-off/td-p/238074

https://community.bose.com/t5/Headphones-Archive/Quiet-Comfort-35-Battery-dies-when-powered-off/td-p...

I just bought a bose qc35 ii that also suffers this problem (firmware 4.5.2). I'm quite sure the company must have noticed this problem since there have been so many complaints with firmware version ranging from 3.1.8 to 4.5.2. So is it a hardware malfunction that cannot be solved by updating the firmware? Is it that some headsets are good but some are suffering this problem? I like this headset but now have to think about whether to exchange for a new one to try my luck (for an OK product without this malfunction) or just return it and buy another brand. 

Best