Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 18, 2020

QC35 ii bluetooth disconnecting

QC35 ii  

Firmware 4.5.2

2 1/2 years old

Bluetooth keeps disconnecting from all Bluetooth devices. Problem is not specific to any device and happens to any and every device I pair to the headphones. Have tried the following.

Deleted pairing from source devices and headphones.

Renames devices.

Firmware up to date.

To reboot the headset

1. Turn the headset off and wait for 30 seconds.
  2. Plug the headset into a USB power supply via USB cord and wait 5 seconds. (Power supply needs to be plugged into the wall with power on).
  3. Unplug USB cord from headset and wait 1 minute.
  4. Turn on the headset and test if the headset works properly.

If that doesn't work contact Bose support where I was told my headphones are out of warranty and they recommend I buy a new pair.

Help please??

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 26, 2020

Re: QC35 ii bluetooth disconnecting

After we have update three headphones to 4.5.2 we are having the same problems. When the headphones are connected to both the PC and iPhone it keeps disconnecting and after 10 seconds it connects again to the iPhone. It happens when you are having a Teams call on the PC.

Is there any way you can roll back the firmware update to the previous version? It worked fine with that.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 18, 2020

I failed to mention in my original post that my experience is the same as yours in that it disconnects from Bluetooth devices then 10 seconds later reconnects as though the power button on the headphones was just turned on. The headphones announce the battery level and then connect to my iPhone.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 18, 2017

Hello, I have the same issue, I have updated my headphones about 2 weeks ago and ever since I have the same issue!

No problems on a previous firmware, 4.5.2 causes my headphones to disconnect and reboot, like I would switch the power button on/off

Bose QC35 II (1 year old) with Iphone 11....

I have tired:

1. headphone reboot recommended on this forum
  2. clearing the paring and reconnecting to the phone

Issue is still here can I downgrade the software somehow back to previous stable version?
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 26, 2020

Replicating same issue.

Running 4.5.2

Late 2018 Model

I disconnect regularly from paired bluetooth devices (particularly my iPhone 7). The headphones then re-connect shortly after. It cuts out my calls repeatedly. 

Any action on this much appreciated.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 18, 2020

Has anyone had any luck resolving this issue? I would love to be able to use my headphones.

Thanks

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 18, 2017

I have tried updating the software via btu.bose.com, no luck issue still happening.

I was reading about rolling back the firmware but it looks kinda tricky and there is risk of bricking the device if you don’t do things within a small window of time like 5s so I passed on this

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 18, 2020

Can't believe that there isn't a factory reset feature or any customer support.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 29, 2020

Type: QC 35 II 

Firmware: 4.5.2

When listening to music, my the Bluetooth cuts in and out constantly from my devices (iPhone 6S plus and iPad Air II).  I have tried deleting the pairing between the headset and the devices and reconnecting using both the Bose app and PC, turning both devices off and back on (reboot), deleting any device except the one I am listening from, and reverting back to the previous headset firmware version.  Firmware is up to date, no difference.  Also tried headset reboot sequence from a previous post similar subject, no change. The problem is not related to distance movement as the music cuts in and out with the devices sitting still (just turning my head). I also frequently lose sound when I switch between sources on the device (i.e. Spotify to iTunes). These issues only happen on these devices with these headsets; other brand Bluetooth headsets work fine.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 28, 2020

Created an account to also say I'm having the same issues. Have followed all of OP's troubleshooting steps.

Current connected devices:

Dell Laptop

Aorus Laptop

Surface Pro 7

Huawei Mate 9

Regardless of the device/s that are connected, it will constantly disconnect and reconnect. Have had headphones since mid 2017, they still sound and work perfectly besides the fact they constantly disconnect.

A timely resolution from Bose on rolling back firmware updates or other solution is necessary. I refuse to believe the solution is "buy another set of headphones" as bose has suggested to OP.