Papa P
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 9, 2019

Re: QC35 ii + iphone = low volume?

Hi I've been having this problem myself and I just found out how to fix mine, and I figured I should put it here since nobody else I know of has found my answer. Anyway, I found that my own problem from this is caused by the "Bluetooth Absolute Volume" setting, which causes the device and the headphones to share an audio level, which causes the low volume. This can be turned off on android by going into developer settings and locating a switch for it, however on PC is a bit more complex. Open Cortana and type "regedit )" in the search bar. This will open the registry editor (Note that changing anything in here may have significantly adverse effects on your computer, so do so at your own risk). To change the audio setting, jump to "Computer\HKRY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Bluetooth\Audio\AVRCP\CT". Change the value of the DisableAbsoluteVolume to 1, and then restart your computer.
Highlighted
Aidensky
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 14, 2019

So I posted this elsewhere but thought I’d give the heads up here. My low volume issue was FIXED  with the new 4.3.6 update. There is a definite increase in max volume now since I updated the other day. I posted elsewhere and asked others if they noticed a significant increase and the responses were positive with all confirming a marked improvement.

Guys, the solution to low volume is in the new 4.3.6 update.

joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@Papa Pfyi - for windows 7 that key does not exist.

rexryanfeet
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 23, 2019

"Computer\HKRY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Bluetooth\Audio\AVRCP\CT". Change the value of the DisableAbsoluteVolume to 1, and then restart your computer.

this worked thanks. much louder volume and windows 10 pc volume works independantly from qc 35 ii. is there a disable absolute volume on iphone?

thanks papa p

Jwreck89
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 27, 2019

Re: QC35 low volume on iPhone 7 Plus

Also not satisfied and tried all the steps spent almost 500 and my beats are better ???

Re: QC35 low volume on iPhone 7 Plus

Hello Jwreck89,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Sorry to hear the previous steps didn't resolve the issue for you, have you tried using the Bose device updater? if you haven't you can reach it by clicking HERE.

I hope this helps, should you need anything else then please get in touch.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C

mindcraft
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 17, 2019

As stated by Aidensky, firmware update 4.3.6 fixes the low volume issue.  I can confirm, after the update, volume increases by about 20%.  This is on iPhone IOS 12.3, using Apple Music and Spotify.

FYI, if you are using Spotify, turn off the "Enable Audio Normalization" playback setting within the app.

heathledger871
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 27, 2019

The iPhone you are using right now that is not the updated version of the software. So I want to suggest you check for the software update first. Because if your device not properly updated then you may face some problems with the apps within your device. Because one time I also faced the problem with the iTunes installation process for not updating the software of my device. After that, for the solution, I go through https://itunessupport.org/blog/why-cant-install-itunes-on-windows-10/ and I get the proper solution also.