QC35 ii + iphone = low volume?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic

QC35 ii + iphone = low volume?

hi all! 

bought a set of qc35 ii last night and when i paired them up to my phone the volume was very disappointing compared to my beats.

did a quick google search and have seen multiple thread about this issue but none that actually resolve the problem!

has there been a fix for this? i have to have the volume set to about 80% to be enjoyable, whereas my beats or any other headphones/earphones i can have them at about 40% and still be louder than the bose.

dont really want to return these headphones but unfortunately its really looking like ill have to trade these in for some sonys Smiley Sad

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Friendly Fanatic

Re: QC35 ii + iphone = low volume?

little late back to this topic.

ended up solving my issue.

i returned the bose qc35ii and bought some sony 1000xmk2 and dont regret a thing.

fix your headphones, bose.

Edit: 12-18-18 update
Im still gettin email notifications from this thread i started. I see a lot of mods replying with obvious troubleshooting tips and it is def not a user error(no disrespect to mods.) bose needs to fix these headphones and i really am glad i traded them in for sony 1000xm2. No regrets, no frustration, no problems out of the box.
79 REPLIES

Hi TwinkieMayne!

Congratulations on the new purchase!  I'm sorry that you're disappointed with the volume performance, we certainly want you to enjoy your headphones fully!

I'm wondering if for troubleshooting purposes you can try pairing the headphones with another device, a smartphone or tablet and see if the volume issue spans across several devices?  This will help us isolate where the issue could be coming from to determine if the pair is defective.

Swing back and update me if you can?

Thanks,

Shiolh_C

Silent Starter

I just bought mine today.  Yeah, I was wondering the same.  Kinda Low volume considering its specs.  Is this normal?  I connected it My Iphone and Mac Book PROOO.   Same volume level on both devices.  I'm not deaf.

@ID70825 Thank you for sharing your experience with us! Just wanted to verify a few things, the volume is up all the way on the source devices? I was able to test out the volume here when connected to a Surface Pro 4, and then an LG v10. They were able to get pretty loud without much effort! I do also ask if its possible to perform the troubleshooting steps below?

Give the headset a fresh reboot:

1. Turn the headset off and wait for 30 seconds.
  2. Plug the headset into a USB power supply via USB cord and wait 5 seconds. (Power supply needs to be plugged into the wall with power on).
  3. Unplug USB cord from headset and wait 1 minute.
  4. Turn on the headset and test if the headset works properly.

Clear paired list on headset and remove from source devices:

1. Turn the headset on
  2. Slide and hold the power switch to the right to the Bluetooth symbol for 10 seconds or until you hear "Bluetooth device list cleared"

Removing the headset from your iPhone and MacBook paired device list will be helpful as well. 

Let me know if this improves your experience at all

Thanks again!

Mohsin

Audible Advocate

Hi, 

I'm having the same issue with mine that i bought 1 month ago! 

I've tried to pair with my macbook, iphone and ipad. ALL devices are with the volume on the 98% to have a good music sound. Smiley Sad 

Could you please let us know what's going on? 

Thanks 

@ismaeldf Hey thank you for chiming in. Were you able to perform the troubleshooting steps I had posted earlier? 

Let me know if that helped! 

Thank you,

Mohsin

Audible Advocate

QC35 low volume on iPhone 7 Plus

I am having the same issue on my iPhone 7 Plus. I have to crank up the volume to at least 80-90% to actually get good sound detail.

I am using Apple Music and generally listen to their downloaded tracks which are by default set to best quality. I also have all options disabled: soundcheck, volume limiter, EQ.

I tried the reset suggested here and also removed the headphone from the bluetooth list, but no change.

I hope Bose is listening as the issue seems quite legitimate and widespread.

Thanks,

Kpoddar

Re: QC35 low volume on iPhone 7 Plus

Hi kpoddar,

Thanks for joining the conversation, I'm sorry to hear about this issue, that's certainly not up to Bose standards and what we strive to deliver to customers like yourself.  I'd recommend reaching out to Bose customer support here.  Just select your country and scroll down to where you see "contact us".  I would recommend reaching out via phone call for this issue.

Please come back and update us if you get a chance?

Thank you and good luck,

Shiloh_C

Friendly Fanatic

little late back to this topic.

ended up solving my issue.

i returned the bose qc35ii and bought some sony 1000xmk2 and dont regret a thing.

fix your headphones, bose.

Edit: 12-18-18 update
Im still gettin email notifications from this thread i started. I see a lot of mods replying with obvious troubleshooting tips and it is def not a user error(no disrespect to mods.) bose needs to fix these headphones and i really am glad i traded them in for sony 1000xm2. No regrets, no frustration, no problems out of the box.
Quiet Contributor

Am having the same problem. My wired bose earbuds sound great but these qc35ii headphones sound lousy and the volume needs to be cranked up to 90% to get anywhere near an immersive sound. I have tried the reboot procedures suggested and unpairing devices but no improvement whatsoever.