Contributor
Registered since

Jan 23, 2020

QC35 ii keeps disconnecting and reconnecting while multi connected to an iPhone and windows laptop

Hello,

While my headphone (QC35 ii) is connected to a windows laptop and an iPhone 11 at the same time, it keeps disconnecting and reconnecting to iPhone while keeping the connection with the laptop. It is so strange since, it happens while iPhone is locked and not doing anything.  Each time it connects/disconnects with the iPhone it gives a vocal notification for the connected devices and battery level.  It is very annoying and it's been just 2 days since I bought it, I'm very dissapointed. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 23, 2020

Re: QC35 ii keeps disconnecting and reconnecting while multi connected to an iPhone and windows l...

Author Accepted Answer selected by arda94

For the ones who have the same problem, problem is solved thanks to an entry on another page. Although I tried it also before, first I deleted all the saved devices on my headphone by pressing the and keeping the bluetooth button for 10 seconds. But this time, I also changed the name of my phone and paired them again. Interestingly it works.

View solution in original post

34 REPLIES 34

Re: QC35 ii keeps disconnecting and reconnecting while multi connected to an iPhone and windows l...

Hello arda94,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with the connection between your iPhone and your headphones and I would be happy to help with this.

To help you troubleshoot this as effectively as possible I do have a few questions about when you are getting this disconnection.

Do you only get this disconnection when connected to both the iPhone and your laptop? If you are only connected to one device do you still get this disconnection? 

Also, do you get a disconnection with any two devices or is it just the combination of the laptop and iPhone this happens with?

The first thing I would recommend we do to troubleshoot this is resetting the headphones. To do this you would need to:

• Power off your headphones.
  • Wait 30 seconds.
  • Connect your headphones to a wall outlet using a USB charger.
  • Wait five seconds.
  • Disconnect the USB cable from the headset.
  • Wait one minute.
  • Power on your headphones.

It would also be a great idea to check whether your headphones need an update by going to our Device Updater on a computer and following the on-screen instructions.

Let me know how you get on.

Kind Regards,

Keith L - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 23, 2020

Hello Keith,

-I get this problem only when I'm connected to both of the devices. I don't have any problem when it is connected to any of them seperately.

-It only keeps disconnecting with iPhone and keeping the connection with laptop.

-In an older entry I saw the steps that you want me to follow and I've already tried it but it didn't work.

-Lastly, I've downloaded the device updater when I saw your reply and checked but it says the device is already updated.

Thank you for reply

Regards

Hi arda94,

Thank you for the update.

As you mentioned having a look at previous posts, have you tried any other troubleshooting from those posts? If so what have you done so far? Just so I can avoid suggesting any more steps you have already tried.

With this disconnection, does there seem to be any pattern to when the phone disconnects? Are you using certain software on the computer, or receiving notifications when the disconnection happens?

Another step worth trying, if you haven't already, would be forgetting the pairing on both the headphones and your other devices and reconnecting them. To do this on your headphones, simply turn the headphones on and slide the switch to the Bluetooth symbol and hold it until you hear a notification.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,

Keith L

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 23, 2020

Hi, 

I didn't try any other troubleshooting and I tried to forgetting all the pairs of the device but that also didn't work. 

When disconncection happens I hear a notification telling the connected device (only laptop) and usually after 20-25 minutes connection comes back again and vocal prompt reads the connected devices(both phone and laptop ) and battery level. It's strange that I'm not using any certain software or anything while these things happen. Screen of the iPhone is locked at those moments and I'm not even using it and on computer I'm on youtube or surfing on web.

Hello arda94,

Thank you for getting back to us.

Do you have another device you could connect to at the same time as your laptop to see if this happens also? This will indicate if the problem is the connection when the iPhone is present, or if the problem is with their being two devices connected.

Let me know the results, if possible.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Contributor
Registered since

Jan 23, 2020

Hi,

I did series of experiments for different combinations of 2 windows laptops and 2 iphones, and at each attempt I had a connection problem. I think the source of problem is iPhone connection since, at each attempt the laptop connection remains still and as I said I used 2 different iPhones for the experiments. Appearantly the problem is due to the headphone. I regret that I gave up my wh-1000xm3 and bought that qc35 ii. In addition to the problem that I mention,

-It unacceptably leaks too much  sound at high volumes

-It's been just 2 days since I bought them but I heard many distortions at bass 

-There is not an equalizer on application

Bose used to have a very good reputation on me but I see that I was very very wrong. Luckily I still have 12 more days to return and this is what I'm gonna do.

Contributor
Registered since

Jan 23, 2020

Author Accepted Answer selected by arda94

For the ones who have the same problem, problem is solved thanks to an entry on another page. Although I tried it also before, first I deleted all the saved devices on my headphone by pressing the and keeping the bluetooth button for 10 seconds. But this time, I also changed the name of my phone and paired them again. Interestingly it works.

View solution in original post

Participant
Registered since

Apr 17, 2020

Having the same issue.  Windows 10 and phone Xr.  By themselves they are fine but cannot connect to both.  Impacts webcasts and phone use  

Have cleared pairings

Renamed iPhone

Plug into wall for 30 sec, etc

Participant
Registered since

Jun 1, 2020

This happens also with my iPhone 8 and iPad pro. I'm very frustrated of the quality of connection that seems to be a very big step backwords for BOSE