Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 16, 2020

QC35 no stereo --- and I do not want to connect to Bluetooth

Questions/issues:

1. Brand new QC35 --- tried to use to watch a movie on airplane but stereo sound didn't work. The only sound was backtrack, i.e. music and crowd or traffic sound but no talking.

2. Tried to resolve the issue and found advice to check whether bluetooth device was maybe set to mono; however, I don't have a bluetooth device connected.

3. I do not want to have a device connected --- ever.

So, how can I just use the headphones to watch a movie or listen to music on a plane. Bonus points if I can also use only the noise canceling.

TIA

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: QC35 no stereo --- and I do not want to connect to Bluetooth

Hello, 

I am sorry that your QuietComfort 35 headphones did not appear to provide full audio whilst on your flight. I completely understand why this is not ideal!

Can you test your headphones with alternate devices, do you still only get the background audio?

As for just having noise cancellation activated with no audio, once the input cable is inserted all Bluetooth functionality is disabled. With the power on this will automatically turn on the active noise cancellation technology, you will just need the headphones to be powered on. 

I hope this helps. Do let us know how you get on with troubleshooting 😊

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 16, 2020

Re: QC35 no stereo --- and I do not want to connect to Bluetooth

I tested with a laptop, and I get the same sound from both headphones, but I don't think it's stereo. Sounds like mono from both sides.

Note, that only hearing the background track happened on both my flights. Outbound flight, I used those cheap buds supplied by the airline, return flight, this time in first class, I used the airline's stereo headset. I tried using both the airplane connector part that comes with the Bose set and the plug in with the two rings. Neither gave me the speaking sound.

Yes, thank you, I figured out the noise canceling.