joker313
Participant
Registered since

Aug 4, 2019

Re: QC35 on Windows 10 - Showed only as paired, not connected

Dear Jeff,

thanks again in your eagerness to solve my problem. I do not have any another Windows PC right now at hand, I will ask around. The Mac was not booting Windows 10.

However, I have connected successfully a pair of QC35 II to my PC. I could listen to music as well. What was special about it - the headphones were actually identified as Audio... my headphones are those not as previously already stated...

grafik.png

My headphones appear always as other device and not as an audio device...

PS: LE stands for low energy... and my headphones are only recognized via this bluetooth connection...

Charlotte_G

Hello joker313, 

Thanks for testing an alternative pair of QC35 II's. 

This does seem to be specific to your QC35's. It is strange that can connect to your phone but not to your Windows 10 PC or Laptop. With this in mind, I would have to recommend that you contact your local support center to explore service options. 

Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'

Please accept my apologies that we have not been able to resolve this issue for you. 

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
DieterL
Participant
Registered since

Apr 21, 2020

Hi guys,

I had the exact same problem and I solved it, so I thought you might be interested in the solution. The reason for this is that the QC35 is connected to too many devices. You have to clear the list of devices connected to your QC35:

Slide the power switch to the Bluetooth® symbol and hold for 10 seconds until you hear “Bluetooth device list cleared.” 2- Delete your qc35 headphones from the bluetooth list on your device. All bluetooth devices are cleared and the bose qc35 are ready to connect å new device

Hope this helps.

Kind rgds,

Dieter

Crispyz
Participant
Registered since

Jun 2, 2020

Hi guys,

I had the exact same problem and followed DieterL's suggestion to resolve this.

Thanks!

cobygifford
Participant
Registered since

Sep 16, 2020

I had the same problem.

Here is what I found and how I fixed it:

The pairing needs to be initiated by the Bose device, NOT the windows PC.

So, if you already added it into your bluetooth list on your pc, unpair and get it out of there.

Then, initiate "start" the pairing request process from the Bose device, NOT the pc.

And, it is way easier if you can use the Bose Connect app.

1. Download the Bose Connect App to your mobile device.

2. Open the Bose Connect app.

3. Go to > settings > connections > connect new.

4. Then, go to PC Settings > Bluetooth > Add New Bluetooth device

Basically, if you already tried through windows bluetooth and failed.

Start over.

Unpair from your computer.

Then, initiate the pairing from the Bose connect app which is an easier way to initiate the connection from the Bose side.

SkywalkerX
Participant
Registered since

Nov 18, 2020

Hi,
Did you ever resolve this issue? I just had the same problem and then remembered...

You have to use the Bose App to connect: its NOT enough to use Windows 10 Blue tooth settings.

1.) Download and install on your smart device/phone: Bose Connect

2.) Use the app to add a new device

3.) Add it to Windows (remove it first, then adding back again)

p.s. I ended up adding both QC35 and LE-QC35 before it worked.. not sure if both are 100% necessary. 

p.s.s. Bose Connect only allows connection to two devices at a time.

SkywalkerX
Participant
Registered since

Nov 18, 2020

Hi,
Did you ever resolve this issue? I just had the same problem and then remembered...

You have to use the Bose App to connect: its NOT enough to use Windows 10 Blue tooth settings.

1.) Download and install on your smart device/phone: Bose Connect

2.) Use the app to add a new device

3.) Add it to Windows (remove it first, then adding back again)