Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 22, 2020

QC35 option to mute and unmute mic during zoom/slack calls [Feature Request]

Hi Team!
I have QC35 II and I love them!!! The best pair I have ever got hands down.
One small "Feature Request", today you can only mute/unmute microphone from the headset button during a regular phone call.
But you can't do that for zoom calls / slack calls/ teams etc when headset paired with BT to the Windows PC.
If you could add this ability in a future firmware that would be AMAZING!
So like when press a button on the headset it will mute zoom mic ot unmute.
WDYT?

Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: QC35 option to mute and unmute mic during zoom/slack calls [Feature Request]

Hey @dbakashi123,

I'm pleased to hear you're loving your QC35II headphones! I appreciate your product feedback and I will have this passed onto the relevant development teams. Be sure to follow our socials and the Bose Community, to be the first to hear about our firmware updates and new feature releases.

Regarding your headphones, are there are any other queries you have that I could assist with?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 22, 2020

Re: QC35 option to mute and unmute mic during zoom/slack calls [Feature Request]

Thank you for helping with my feature request.
No, nothing else thank you. the Bose QC35-II are the best thing since sliced bread.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 14, 2020

i've created an account for the sole purpose of requesting this feature. 

with the number of zoom calls people have these days, it's silly we have to stand close to our computer in order to toggle the mute switch. 

tbh, the promise of a mute feature was the reason i sprung for these awesome headphones. now my rational justification is gone. please help me avoid cognitive dissonance. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 14, 2020

Try pressing volume up and volume down at the same time. I think this may be a "YMMV" feature, since I haven't seen it documented much of anywhere. I hope it works for you!

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 14, 2020

thank you! i've actually tried it, but it doesn't seem to work. this feature is actually included in the documentation, but it seems to only work for voice calls and not calls within apps 😞 

i did see a solution in another forum where the user mapped the buttons to a hotkey in windows, and i'm trying to find a similar solution i can do with mac. it surprises me that this feature hasn't been added, given the recent uptick in zoom calls / web conferences this year. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 16, 2020

QuietComfort 35II and muting on Zoom?

I just got the QuietComfort 35II.  Sound quality is great for listening.

However, has it been resolved yet to be able to mute on Zoom using the headphones ?  I already know to mute during a phone call by pressing + and -, simultaneously.  

I am using a Windows 10 laptop.

This is a critical feature given the remote work.