SQLBoy
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 25, 2018

QC35 II Windows 10 issues

I was able to pair my headphones to my bluetooth on my Windows 10 PC. The issue is when I have my microphone active (Bose QC35 II Hands-Free), my headphones (audio) stop working. The headphones are set to Bose QC35 II Stereo, which is what I want. The Bose QC35 II Hands-Free audio quality is terrible. But, it works when I have the microphone enabled. The only way I can get the Stereo setting to work is to disable the microphone (input). How can I get the input and output to work together, without sacrificing audio quality?

CTOverton
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 25, 2018

Re: QC35 II Windows 10 issues

I know it doesn't help but maybe it will get more attension. I have the same issue with the on ear heardphones:

https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/Can-t-use-mic-and-sound-on-PC-On-Ear/m-p/1729...

vyes
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 9, 2019

Re: QC35 pairing problem in Windows 10

yes. works beautifully well. thanks for the suggestion. 

The QC35ii was always connecting as 'LE other devices' and not as headphone. So, it would show as 'paired' on the laptop but the headphone would not work. No resetting worked.

Thank to you, I was able to connect thru my iphone bose app.  

joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

1. There are two distinct Bluetooth (BT) profiles.  One is called HFP (hands free protocol) and used for voice over IP calls such as your car, phone, and VOIP apps like Whatsapp and Skype.  The quality is standard mono low quality used in phone conversations.  That is what the mic is used for.  The other 'device' protocol is called A2DP and is used for stereo music streaming (and do not use the mic).  I am guessing that at any one time you are using either one or the other and that is why you are noticing the behavior you have.

2. If you see an "LE" device don't connect to it, pair with it or otherwise use it.  That is what some Bose devices use when they are in "Off" state - it is a less functionality of bluetooth called Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE).  When a device that uses BLE is communicating with your PC (in on or off state), you will initially see a BLE device and if you are trying to pair, it will eventually turn into the regular device.  Always ignore the BLE device - it has very limited functionality.  This is my experience,

JamesTSyd
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 19, 2019

Thanks. I tried many other ways but this is the way that worked for me (I used an Android phone rather than a Iphone).

Highlighted
Simon84
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 18, 2019

Thank You! My laptop couldn't find OR connect to my bose headphones, although the laptop still found "bose soundsport"

Turning off-on my headphone didn't work, but your method worked for me.

Steps I took:

1. Disconnect any soundsport bluetooth connections from my laptop

2. go to bose app in my iphone

3. setting-make new connection

4. at my laptop, connect bose soundsport (different from my headphones. this one didn't have headphone icon)

5. only then my laptop could find & connect to my headphones